• Let him go but only for top prospects/players
    • Force him to continue to be our GM
    • Let him go for nothing
    • Make him our scout of North Korea
    • Promote him to Supreme CEO.
    • Keep him but remove all his duties
    • Burn him in effigy
    • Get the state department to revoke his passport
    • Fire him as soon as the Blue Jays hire a new GM.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What should be outcome of annoying Blue Jays our Gm situation.

I voted to let him go but only for top prospects. That slightly beat out keeping him and making him our North Korean scout.

Based on comments from Roch, Connolly etc, it seems the situation is both awkward and approaching toxic. This team has to much going for it to allow something like this to bring it down.

Either get compensation you feel comfortable with or relegate the guy to cleaning toilets but lets resolve the thing and move on. This is a good team and could be better with a part or two added, lets get this show on the road again.

I voted to let him go but only for top prospects. That slightly beat out keeping him and making him our North Korean scout.

Based on comments from Roch, Connolly etc, it seems the situation is both awkward and approaching toxic. This team has to much going for it to allow something like this to bring it down.

Either get compensation you feel comfortable with or relegate the guy to cleaning toilets but lets resolve the thing and move on. This is a good team and could be better with a part or two added, lets get this show on the road again.

None of the above. If this crap doesn't stop, and I were Angelos, I would get a cease and desist order against Toronto. If things really are "toxic" now in the O's front office it is a direct result of Toronto not dropping this idea, which to me is a very winnable law suit. Its starting to piss me off and I am now wondering if Tor isn't purposely doing this to screw up the O's in 2015. There's a reason MLB has their rules in place, they need to enforce them as things seem to be getting pretty messy. The longer they wait to do anything, the more it hurts their MASN case.

That would still be a victory for the Blue Jays because that would mean that we just played by their rules. They caused dysfunction to the point where they got us to promote our GM who had like 5 years left on his contract as a GM.

This is why MLB should have already stepped in and told Toronto to put a lid on it.

That would still be a victory for the Blue Jays because that would mean that we just played by their rules. They caused dysfunction to the point where they got us to promote our GM who had like 5 years left on his contract as a GM.

Funny, I don't necessarily see it that way. We keep our guy who turned our franchise around, they don't get our guy who turned our franchise around and who works so well with Buck.

Blue Jays get:

Dan Duquette

Ubaldo Jimenez

Orioles get:

Daniel Norris (LHP)

Aaron Sanchez (RHP)

Dalton Pompey (OF)

Get it done.

Do some fans really think a deal like this will happen? Be lucky if you get 1.

Do some fans really think a deal like this will happen? Be lucky if you get 1.

There is no precedent in the history of baseball where even one is likely, let alone multiple top 50 prospects. Absolute best case scenario for Baltimore is Matt Smoral, but I still find that highly unlikely. It's more likely an Osuna or Tirado type.

Baseball America has Osuna ranked #7 while neither Smoral or Tirado are in the top 10.

Yes, not all ranking services are the same. For example, Sickels has Smoral 10, Osuna 13 and Tirado 15. Osuna is coming off TJS and is a very big boom or bust type of player so he's super risky. Tirado is smiliar in that regard, great stuff but hasn't realized how to use it. They're the type of long term project I could see being agreed to.

I voted to let DD go off to Toronto. He hasn't exactly denied that he is interested in the Jay's job. But we should surely get ample compsensation. Right now, this situation is a huge conflict of interest. If DD makes a roster move, is it benefiting the Os or the Jays?

If he wants the job, let him go. But restrict, at least temporarily, what scouts and FO people he's brought in can go with him. Losing DD is one thing, losing all his people is another. And demand 2 top prospects from TOR or tell them to go to you know where.

Archived