Dan Duquette Duplicity Thread

weams

Once again, why didn't Rosenthal go after the ChiSox the same way he did the Orioles? It is ok for the Sox to deny permission but not the Orioles? He said it is hard to stand in the way of a promotion for DD but where is that comment in regards to Kenny Williams?

This might have a little to do with it. http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/22461/williams-no-beef-with-chairman Williams said this the same day as news came out.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the thing how do you know the Orioles did? The owner has said they would look at a offer. Sure doesn't sound like they deny them.

The White Sox stopped Kenny Williams from taking to the Jays, correct? Did Ken Rosenthal ever say it is a promotion for Williams and it would be hard to stop him? To my knowledge, no.

Again, it's not Rosenthal that created this story, but the way he tweets about it vs the way he tweeted about the sox is way different. But he himself is even talking out of both sides of his mouth is he is saying on one hand, " it will be tough for orioles to stand in way" but on the other hand, " Peter has all the leverage"? If he in fact said something like this, tht is a little confusing.

Hey buddy! I'm just repeating what I heard. Listen to the interview yourself. It's only about 12-14 minutes long.

You are being sensitive. My comment was directed at Rosenthal, not you. I realize that you were relaying what he said. Yjay he contradicted himself is obvious.

This might have a little to do with it. http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/22461/williams-no-beef-with-chairman Williams said this the same day as news came out.

Once again it is OK for Reinsdorf to deny an interview? Rosenthal said it would be hard to stand in DD's way, the Sox stood in Williams way no problem didn't they? My point isn't where we are now and how we got here, the point is Rosenthal says it would be hard to stnsd in DD's way yet the White Sox did exactly that with their employee.

Yeah, it's horrible. It's all Kenny's fault. The Jays wouldn't have zeroed in on DD if it wasn't for Rosenthal. The story is Duquette, the Blue Jays ownership, Angelos, and the O's organization. The story isn't KR but people here have a hard on for him.

What is your issue? Of course it is biased to report the identical situation so differently for one team as the other. But then... you knew that.

Once again it is OK for Reinsdorf to deny an interview? Rosenthal said it would be hard to stand in DD's way, the Sox stood in Williams way no problem didn't they? My point isn't where we are now and how we got here, the point is Rosenthal says it would be hard to stnsd in DD's way yet the White Sox did exactly that with their employee.

He isn't going to answer.

You say the White Sox stood in Kenny Williams way. The question isn't why doesn't Rosenthal pose the same question regarding the Orioles. The question is why couldn't the Orioles stand in the Jays way enough to stop it from getting to this point. The answer, IMO, lies somewhere in between Duquette and the Toronto ownership. It has nothing to do with KR.

Isn't KR the one that keeps bringing it up?

Yeah, it's horrible. It's all Kenny's fault. The Jays wouldn't have zeroed in on DD if it wasn't for Rosenthal. The story is Duquette, the Blue Jays ownership, Angelos, and the O's organization. The story isn't KR but people here have a hard on for him.

The jays can't zero in on dd. they can ask permission, the os say no, and that's it. Ken keeps publicly stirring the pot. I honestly don't know the source of all this info, but how the hell is it ok for people to keep floating stuff out, but it somehow doesn't look like the jays are tampering? I just don't understand, for the life of me, why this story is not a five second blurb in time. They want him, we say no, the end. Why is this still going on. Is dan making such a drink that he is making thing awkward?

Okay. Let's say Kenny was biased and handled the Duquette news differently than the Williams news. So what? Big deal. Maybe he is biased. Who cares. He didn't create this situation.

He impacts public perception. I was at an Orioles game in 2010 and a fan was talking about how Angelos did not want Ripken. I came close to saying something but let it go. You don't think it is funny how different his take is from Buster Olney? Does Dan Connolly sound like it is 100% he is gone?

The jays can't zero in on dd. they can ask permission, the os say no, and that's it. Ken keeps publicly stirring the pot. I honestly don't know the source of all this info, but how the hell is it ok for people to keep floating stuff out, but it somehow doesn't look like the jays are tampering? I just don't understand, for the life of me, why this story is not a five second blurb in time. They want him, we say no, the end. Why is this still going on. Is dan making such a drink that he is making thing awkward?

It's not Ken stirring the pot. Every time he says something. Roch confirms it. ken is just reporting what he hears.

I think it's interesting that Kenny Williams has commented on the whole Toronto thing but Duquette has never said a peep. Maybe because Williams accepted the fact that his owner didn't want him to take the job. Total speculation here, BUT Duquette may have given the Jays reason to believe they could get him.

In life, timing is everything.

He impacts public perception. I was at an Orioles game in 2010 and a fan was talking about how Angelos did not want Ripken. I came close to saying something but let it go. You don't think it is funny how different his take is from Buster Olney? Does Dan Connolly sound like it is 100% he is gone?

I've learned not to always answer myself.

Archived