Dan Duquette Duplicity Thread

weams

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me, this is a different subject. I would say that Toronto has definitely tampered but you'll probably never have proof and MLB probably won't pursue it. Duquette is not innocent in all of this. JMO

Probably pretty accurate. Angelos says he is quite sophisticated.

It's not Ken stirring the pot. Every time he says something. Roch confirms it. ken is just reporting what he hears.

I think you could agree, that, at least from the dec. 7 the posts, he's doing a little more than just reporting. Reporting would be, " jays interested in Duquette, could be tricky due to his current contract". But he defiantly added some color to his tweets. Even pointing out that we can't stand in his way. Even questioning. Dans ability to do the job he is being paid to do. You don't see a difference there?

I think it's interesting that Kenny Williams has commented on the whole Toronto thing but Duquette has never said a peep. Maybe because Williams accepted the fact that his owner didn't want him to take the job. Total speculation here, BUT Duquette may have given the Jays reason to believe they could get him.

Does it sound like Angelos wants him to leave? Pretty strong comments I would say. This isn't about what the teams or individuals want it is about how it is reported.

Does it sound like Angelos wants him to leave? Pretty strong comments I would say. This isn't about what the teams or individuals want it is about how it is reported.

Agree to disagree on this. But good back and forth.

Wow, my reading between the lines of your posts earlier today was wrong. Good to know you still think it won't happen.

When I became aware that MLB Players association would be involved with any trade of significance, I said. Done. Angelos won't lose. And he is still living.

I would agree with you that dan is not innocent. And his silence does ring loud. It makes me wonder. I mean, even if he really wanted the job, but also really liked it here, he would recognize this **** storm, and put it to rest. The fact that he hasn't, makes me think he wants the job, and is either, not happy here, or bitter we won't let him have the job. So, in my eyes, I lose a tiny bit of respect for Duke if he is bitter, or I'm disappointed in the os that things are still so screwed up that dan just isn't happy here.

Archived