Payroll is 114 Million, will drift north of 120 Million.

weams

The fact that the O's talked privately of having a payroll around $130mm and they'll be around 114 after the arbitration dust settles leads me to believe they expected to sign Cruz. And I remember Buck saying at one point that the prospects of signing Cruz were looking good. I guess the Mariners made a bum's rush with the extra year to sway him.

The fact that the O's talked privately of having a payroll around $130mm and they'll be around 114 after the arbitration dust settles leads me to believe they expected to sign Cruz. And I remember Buck saying at one point that the prospects of signing Cruz were looking good. I guess the Mariners made a bum's rush with the extra year to sway him.

Cruz or Markakis...doubt they expected not to sign either one.

Cruz or Markakis...doubt they expected not to sign either one.

I agree. And now the team is on record saying they're potentially okay with nobody.

I've never been a "spend" guy, but it's hard to look at the possible 25-man scenarios and think we don't need another decent bat (either power or OBP oriented, from either side of the plate).

They can send me 10 just to get the number up. I read today where Josh Hamilton's contract is owed 92 million through 2017.

The deals that he and Pujols got are just ridiculously stupid.

Cruz' deal on the other hand I believe are good for both parties. Even if he isn't as good in the final two years of it like some around here are predicting. He doesn't come across like the kind of guy who quits on his teammates. However, I always had that feeling towards Hamilton.

Everything we heard was they were OK with going 3 years with both Nick and Cruz. You figure both would at least get 10m a year. So if you trust everything the reporters said the payroll should be 134m.

Archived