Payroll is 114 Million, will drift north of 120 Million.

weams

So are you suggesting a rebuild after this season? If so they should be trading our assets now at peak value.

Absolutely not. I am chuckling at those who think the door has been slamed in our face and that the payrole will decline.

Absolutely not. I am chuckling at those who think the door has been slamed in our face and that the payrole will decline.

I do not see it as being stupid to think payroll will go down after this season.

Chen, Norris, Davis, Weiters.......given the O's aversion to signing market value deals whom in that group do you see us signing?

If we do not bring back any of those 4 guys, based on our FA strategy I doubt we replace the payroll signing other FA (not a criticism just an observation that we do not sign big ticket FA)

All that said with Tillman, KG, Ubaldo, hopefully Bundy, Gonzo and some other arms on the wayI think we will be ok from a pitching standpoint. I do not see us rebuilding in a traditional sense with that staff

I do not get the obsession with payroll. Be it larger or smaller I could care less. All I am concerned about is fielding a team that is competitive and can win. DD has done that IMO

If we traded Norris tomorrow for a player that makes 1 million and can play OF, produce offensively and makes this team better and more balanced then I would be fine with that even it meant the payroll went down. If we traded him for a guy who makes more and does the same then I would also be fine with that . If DD thinks keeping him is the way to go then so be it. Its all about the results, wins are what matters. If we win the division with a 60 million dollar payroll you get no bonus points, if you win it with a 150 million dollar payroll no bonus points there. Just win baby.

P

I do not get the obsession with payroll. Be it larger or smaller I could care less. All I am concerned about is fielding a team that is competitive and can win. DD has done that IMO

If we traded Norris tomorrow for a player that makes 1 million and can play OF, produce offensively and makes this team better and more balanced then I would be fine with that even it meant the payroll went down. If we traded him for a guy who makes more and does the same then I would also be fine with that . If DD thinks keeping him is the way to go then so be it. Its all about the results, wins are what matters. If we win the division with a 60 million dollar payroll you get no bonus points, if you win it with a 150 million dollar payroll no bonus points there. Just win baby.

All an Oriole fan needs to do to find out what poor payroll management will do to your club is look 90 miles to our north. Right now Amaro is shaking his head saying why did I make that deal?

Archived