Blue Jays end negotiations for Dan Duquette (Beeston re-signs for 2015 season)

xian4

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Simply put, you have a GM who wants to be somewhere else. His silence on this matter speaks volumes. Why is this so difficult to understand?? It seems pretty obvious to a lot of people. This guy needs to go!:cool:
Again...you are speculating....Again, my point was that even if he wants to go it doesn't mean he doesn't want to be here. So.......that's why it is not obvious to me why people are making that statement.

Seems like this a losing situation for everyone - and will likely remain that way. Just gotta wonder if Angelos hadn't requested such an absurd amount of compensation from Toronto, the situation would be considerably better for everyone.

Well, certainly for Toronto, but we are much better off as is.

Well, certainly for Toronto, but we are much better off as is.

We have a GM who apparently tried for months to break his contract and obviously didn't want to stay here. He's good at his job, and I'm sure he'll be professional in doing his job, but to me, we're left with a toxic situation.

Rosenthal is a good journalist and speaks the truth. This is not a good situation for all involved, especially the Orioles That's pretty obvious. Anyone who cant see this or refuses to acknowledge this needs to take their blinders off.:cool:

You don't think some mention of Toronto's actions are appropriate?

We have a GM who apparently tried for months to break his contract and obviously didn't want to stay here. He's good at his job, and I'm sure he'll be professional in doing his job, but to me, we're left with a toxic situation.

I think that phrase is a bit harsh considering what we know. Wanted to be released from his contract sounds more fair.

I think that phrase is a bit harsh considering what we know. Wanted to be released from his contract sounds more fair.

You're right, but when a GM does this kind of thing, it's a bigger perceived problem, because he's the guy responsible for getting the players signed. If the perception is that he doesn't respect his own contract, why should the players he signs respect theirs - and why should their agents?

You're right, but when a GM does this kind of thing, it's a bigger perceived problem, because he's the guy responsible for getting the players signed. If the perception is that he doesn't respect his own contract, why should the players he signs respect theirs - and why should their agents?

Only to you. No one else sees it that way.

"Dan's very committed to the Orioles."

Buck Showalter

"Dan has been working very hard and he has been very engaged. Obviously I know much more than I am going to say about all of this. I am proud to work with Dan Duquette."

Buck Showalter

The existence of the CBA, the Uniform Player's Contract and the requirement that all agents must be formally recognized by MLB makes the situation fundamentally different.

Archived