Henry Urrutia looking to help Orioles fill void in right field

PressBoxOnline

If his agent had not mouthed off I actually think Clevenger would make some sense.

I don't think the agent stuff means anything at all in this. Clevenger is a decent bat, can fill a couple roles, and allows for more catching flexibility late in a game. For instance. Pinch run for one.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't need another right hander for any reason. My opinion. Gausman, Brach, Garcia, and Matusz can do mop up or any other type of long work.

Brach, Garcia, and Wright won't pitch tomorrow. Sure, Gausman will be in the bullpen but give me another reliever for now until someone comes off the DL.

I don't think the agent stuff means anything at all in this. Clevenger is a decent bat, can fill a couple roles, and allows for more catching flexibility late in a game. For instance. Pinch run for one.

Unless Lough is healthy I would bring him back.

Brach, Garcia, and Wright won't pitch tomorrow. Sure, Gausman will be in the bullpen but give me another reliever for now until someone comes off the DL.

I believe that Hunter, O'Day, Gausman, and Matusz are all available tomorrow. As well as Britton.

I guess they could bring up righthanded hitting Alvarez if they are ready to DFA either Gamboa or Drake.

Who ever comes up from Norfolk should have options because they probably go back down when Lough or Paredes are ready to be activated.

I can't see them promoting a pitcher after all the talk about getting to 12 pitchers.

I guess they could bring up righthanded hitting Alvarez if they are ready to DFA either Gamboa or Drake.

Who ever comes up from Norfolk should have options because they probably go back down when Lough or Paredes are ready to be activated.

I can't see them promoting a pitcher after all the talk about getting to 12 pitchers.

Why promote Alvarez? Snider won't be sitting on the bench the way he has started the season. Whoever is up is a warm body until Hardy or Lough comes off the DL.

And I still think Navarro is next in line to be DFA. Or Clevenger.

Why promote Alvarez? Snider won't be sitting on the bench the way he has started the season. Whoever is up is a warm body until Hardy or Lough comes off the DL.

And I still think Navarro is next in line to be DFA. Or Clevenger.

Ward and Arencibia just left. Clevenger probably stays. He is next catcher up until Wieters is healthy. I would not like to see Navarro go but he is apparently behind Janish and Nix at Norfolk which is kind of messed up for a development organization.

Ward and Arencibia just left. Clevenger probably stays. He is next catcher up until Wieters is healthy. I would not like to see Navarro go but he is apparently behind Janish and Nix at Norfolk which is kind of messed up for a development organization.

I thought it was telling that DD said he sees O'Brien helping at the major league level this year.

I doubt Navarro would be claimed in waivers so the team can just readd him in September or October.

I thought it was telling that DD said he sees O'Brien helping at the major league level this year.

I doubt Navarro would be claimed in waivers so the team can just readd him in September or October.

Buck said the same thing about Ward before he was sent down and traded. O'Brien probably plays at AAA and is behind Clevenger and Perez. My guess is that Perez is on the rise.

I think we'll bring up Mac until one of the three on the DL (Lough, Hardy, Paredes) are ready to be activated. Then we'll send Mac back down. When the second guy comes off, we'll send down either Flash or Cabrera (I hope Ryan). When the third is ready, we've got a tough choice to make (basically between Lough and Paredes - in an ideal world, we can sneak one through to the minors, but I doubt that'll work).

Obviously Wieters is still on the DL, but he'll be a May activation, I think. Lavarnway DFA'ed (don't believe he has options) at that point.

Archived