So where does Cole Hamels end up?

Redskins Rick

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hammel wants to win, and this team has a great record of winning for the past 3 years.

But, I have trouble seeing him go anywhere, with Ruben in charge up there.

That may be true, but he's a California boy and his preference for the west coast is documented. There's a reason Baltimore is on his limited no trade list, I assume.

I don't consider this overpaying. Sorry, he sent two prospects for another prospect.

Doesn't change the fact, that Ruben wants too much, and that is from multiple sources in MLB.

He overpaid....

It’s kind of hard to believe a team is actually giving up talent for Dana Eveland rather than just signing him to a minor league contract and letting him compete for a job, but here we are.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/orioles-acquire-left-hander-dana-eveland-from-dodgers/

Dana Eveland was not a prospect when the O's traded for him.

He was a body.

Martin closed a few games at AA at age 24 last year.

Henson had a .700 plus OPS at AAA at age 26

Eveland's age 30 MLB line.

GP GS CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB SO W L SV HLD BLSV WHIP ERA

2014 Regular Season 30 0 0 0 27.1 24 8 8 2 6 27 1 1 1 2 1 1.10 2.63

Martin closed a few games at AA at age 24 last year.

Henson had a .700 plus OPS at AAA at age 26

Eveland's age 30 MLB line.

GP GS CG SHO IP H R ER HR BB SO W L SV HLD BLSV WHIP ERA

2014 Regular Season 30 0 0 0 27.1 24 8 8 2 6 27 1 1 1 2 1 1.10 2.63

Giving up little is overpaying when you can have it for free. Would you buy a pinecone off me for a nickle if you had them laying in your front yard?

Giving up little is overpaying when you can have it for free. Would you buy a pinecone off me for a nickle if you had them laying in your front yard?

Probably. I like you. If I needed a cone, I would probably convince myself that you had the best quality cones available.

Good Grief.

We are talking about a billion dollar organization with several hundred players in the system.

Nobody is perfect.

I standby my original opinion.

DD is not going to dance with Ruben and overpay for Hamel.

Good Grief.

We are talking about a billion dollar organization with several hundred players in the system.

Nobody is perfect.

I standby my original opinion.

DD is not going to dance with Ruben and overpay for Hamel.

I agree that he won't overpay for Hamels. But that doesn't mean he has never overpaid.

Some of us think Norris was an overpay. Some think Miller was an overpay.

I agree that he won't overpay for Hamels. But that doesn't mean he has never overpaid.

Some of us think Norris was an overpay. Some think Miller was an overpay.

Norris wasn't an overpay, since he has been a quality starter for the team and is still around.

I can understand some would question trading for Miller, he was a two month rental. Too early to determine if he truly overpay on this one. He traded a mid-round prospect for a team in the middle of a playoff drive, and the guy was lights out for the team.

I guess it all depends on your definition of "overpay"

Archived