So where does Cole Hamels end up?

Redskins Rick

Giving up little is overpaying when you can have it for free. Would you buy a pinecone off me for a nickle if you had them laying in your front yard?

Yeah but . . . . . guys like Martin and Henson could be had for free also, right? In effect, what the O's gave up (nothing) was equal to what they got in return (nothing).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah but . . . . . guys like Martin and Henson could be had for free also, right? In effect, what the O's gave up (nothing) was equal to what they got in return (nothing).

Nice.

Why only have nothing once when you can have three times as much? Everyone knows that sometimes you can make something out of nothing so why not keep more of it on hand?

I'm not tryna be your hero

'Cause that zero is too cold for me, brrr

I'm not tryin' to be your highness

'Cause that minus is too low to see, yeah

Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'

And I'm not stuffin', believe you me

When talking about Amaro asking too much, the question in my mind is ''what is he asking from the Orioles?'' Doesn't much matter to me what he asked for from other teams.

This is pretty silly reasoning. Of course it matters what he has asked from other teams because comparisons can then be drawn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty silly reasoning. Of course it matters what he has asked from other teams because comparisons can then be drawn up.

I understand what you are saying. But comparison is speculation. Situations can change. They may have changed with Hamels disgracing Amaro about his claim that Hamels never asked to be traded. I'd be more interested in considering an actual offer rather than dismissing it out-of-hand without knowing the players involved. Saying no way to a possible trade without knowing the particulars seems pretty silly, too.

I agree that he won't overpay for Hamels. But that doesn't mean he has never overpaid.

Some of us think Norris was an overpay. Some think Miller was an overpay.

And Scott Feldman was a massive overpay of Biblical proportions. I still can't get over that one.

As long as the Red Sox refuse to give up their top catching prospect, this deal will never happen for them. If I'm the Phils, I sit there with Hamels until someone cracks. There is no pressure on them. They are in control. As for the Orioles, if you believe Chen and Norris are heading out of here next season, you might want to put some thought into this deal. I think Bundy, Schoop, and Cisco puts us in the conversation and where it goes from there, would be up to Angelos and Duquette. We also have a competitive draft pick that might interest the Phils. Just my two cents:cool:

This is why I'm so unsure how I would feel about a trade for Hamels. His contract is huge and he's logged 1,800 MLB innings, so there is substantial risk for the team getting him. There is risk for the Phillies, too. Most prospects don't pan out.

Bundy, Schoop, Sisco...I don't think I'd do it

Harvey, Walker, Reyes...maybe

Berry, Davies, Yaz, competitive balance pick...probably

And Scott Feldman was a massive overpay of Biblical proportions. I still can't get over that one.

We had a team that had not won for 14 years. Scott Feldman was part of the team that changed that. Jake Arrieta was about to be released, because we had nowhere to hide his badness on a team that was trying to make the playoffs for the first time in a decade and a half.

We had a team that had not won for 14 years. Scott Feldman was part of the team that changed that. Jake Arrieta was about to be released, because we had nowhere to hide his badness on a team that was trying to make the playoffs for the first time in a decade and a half.

We acquired Feldman in 2013. I agree that it was time for Jake to move on.

We made the playoffs in 2012. Feldman was 2013.

Wow. Feldman and Norris and we still could not make it. Our pitching sure was bad.

Of course you are both right. What was I thinking. Pedro was a stalwart of that 2012 team. Jake however is a big part of why we missed in 2013. My bad.

Archived