So where does Cole Hamels end up?

Redskins Rick

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How would a package of Bundy, Gonzo, Ohlman and Alverez measure up to what the MFY could offer. Not saying we should offer it but how do the MFY prospects rate?

Ohlman was traded to STL when he was DFAed.

For me, Gonzo tips the scales, but for Philly, he is already to arbitration so you aren't getting the three cheap pre-arb years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLBTR posted that Jon Heyman said if the Yankees have the best offer on the table, then it might mean nobody is close to dealing for him.

Earlier today, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reported that the Yankees had come closer than any other team to acquiring Phillies star Cole Hamels. If that’s true, CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman writes, that might mean the Phillies haven’t come close to dealing Hamels to any team, because the two sides have not had discussions recently and never were near a deal

Ohlman was traded to STL when he was DFAed.

For me, Gonzo tips the scales, but for Philly, he is already to arbitration so you aren't getting the three cheap pre-arb years.

I dont see Ruben getting anything for Hamels, since he has him over-valued and wants multiple top prospects and then some. :)

I dont see Ruben getting anything for Hamels, since he has him over-valued and wants multiple top prospects and then some. :)

Hamels will get dealt eventually. Especially if things between him and the team turn sour. If Lee is injured, it forces them to trade Hamels even more or else they risk having very few hopes of a good future.

I think Amaro is playing his cards well. Both the Yankees and Red Sox have a lot of money invested in teams with very questionable rotations. The Yankees have the declining Sabathia, Tanaka with a time bomb in his elbow, and Pineda with one in his shoulder. The Red Sox whole rotation is littered with IF's. It wouldn't take much for one or the other OR both to get desperate by June.

And with the Phillies luck, Hamels is in a cast by June. Sell while he can still walk and pitch hah.

If the Phillies can get a package with Owens+one of Margot/Devers and maybe Cecchini they should be thrilled and move on. He simply does not provide the surplus value necessary to move elite talents like Swihart,Betts,Russell,Bryant,Soler,Urias,Seager, etc etc.

If the Phillies can get a package with Owens+one of Margot/Devers and maybe Cecchini they should be thrilled and move on. He simply does not provide the surplus value necessary to move elite talents like Swihart,Betts,Russell,Bryant,Soler,Urias,Seager, etc etc.

They better trade him now also. Before there is even a twinge.

Archived