So where does Cole Hamels end up?

Redskins Rick

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd have to think about it.

The real question is how many wins better is the team with Hamels in the rotation and Gonzo/Norris in the pen?

Not to mention future wins that Schoop would provide.

I'm not sure, but I'd guess that you'd be looking at Hamels as a 5 to 6 WAR player. Plus, he's locked in for the foreseeable future.

Not to mention future wins that Schoop would provide.

I'm not sure, but I'd guess that you'd be looking at Hamels as a 5 to 6 WAR player. Plus, he's locked in for the foreseeable future.

I'd be more likely to put him at 4.5 rWAR and 4.0 fWAR. What with him being on the wrong side of 30 and switching to the AL.

So that is a 2.5 or so bump over Gonzo/Norris at 4/55 or so.

I'm inclined to decline.

Although Hamels is a slightly better pitcher, the O's would have been better off just going for James Shields without giving up anyone. Since they weren't in on Shields I doubt very much they'd be in on Hamels and have to give up what it would take. In a vacuum, you'd have to think about giving up Bundy and Schoop, but I wouldn't do it. I'd think about it more seriously if Ubaldo was going back in the deal.

Cole Hamel is younger, better, and more left handed. All needs.

Although Hamels is a slightly better pitcher, the O's would have been better off just going for James Shields without giving up anyone. Since they weren't in on Shields I doubt very much they'd be in on Hamels and have to give up what it would take. In a vacuum, you'd have to think about giving up Bundy and Schoop, but I wouldn't do it. I'd think about it more seriously if Ubaldo was going back in the deal.

Definitely agree w/ this.

Cole Hamel is younger, better, and more left handed. All needs.

It if the O's weren't even kicking the tires on Shields at 4/$75 Mil., I don't see how they'd be willing to pay the remaining 4/$90 left on Hamel's contract and give up multiple players/prospects.

I'm thinking it would take Gausman/Bundy, Schoop, Cisco, plus some other prospects. I'd also ask the Phils to take back Ubaldo.

I would love to have Hamels. Just not sure if we can do it. Now...we have 4 of the top 102 draft picks this year, and like Buck said, we are likely to have around 8 in the top 100 next season. We could seriously replenish the farm, but we'd have to give away a lot.

MODs, maybe this can be merge with this thread and modify the title to reflect such?

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/146374-So-where-does-Cole-Hamels-end-up

Back to the OP question.

Cole has no realistic chance of coming here.

DD is not going to give up the farm to make it happen.

Well none of the other clubs interested have been willing to give up their top prospect. Not saying there is a realistic chance of him coming here but there is a chance....

Well none of the other clubs interested have been willing to give up their top prospect. Not saying there is a realistic chance of him coming here but there is a chance....

Ruben wants too much, he has over-valued his player.

DD is never ever going to over pay for a player of any statue.

Archived