So where does Cole Hamels end up?

Redskins Rick

According to MLBTR, Red Sox are being asked for more than they are willing to give up.

• The addition of Cole Hamels would undoubtedly separate the Red Sox from the rest of the AL East, but to what degree the club feels pressure to establish that space is what will determine whether they pull the trigger, Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald writes. Right now, the Phillies are insisting Boston part with Henry Owens and either Blake Swihart or Mookie Betts while taking on Hamels? monster deal, so the Red Sox feel that they can live without him. Silverman lays out the pros and cons of Boston waiting on a Hamels trade.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Roch:

Chris Davis had four RBIs and came within a triple of the cycle. I asked him this morning about having to wear his gray pants again after playing yesterday in Bradenton, and he said the trip to Clearwater was his idea. I assumed that he was kidding.

I was wrong.

"He talked me into coming over today," Showalter said. "He wasn't on the original travel (roster), but he came in this morning and said, 'I'd really like to go over and get some at-bats.' I think John (Russell) or someone said, 'You know (Cole) Hamels is pitching?' And he said, 'So?' And it wasn't any disrespect to Hamels. He said, 'I just need some at-bats, need to see the ball.'

Archived