vs. RED SOX, 4/19

OFFNY

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy's had a lot of flukey stuff so far.

Hopefully these two innings are a confidence booster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Many people that just look at the stats don't see that. His velocity has been fine.

He hit .320 last year with runners in scoring position. And was batting .500 with RISP this year coming into today.

I'll take your word for that. It must be another one of those "Wei-Yin Chen things", a great player with the resume' to prove it. But somehow whenever I watch him, he doesn't live up to his rep. In Adam's case, today is a HUGE exception.

And I'm not alone on this one. I can't get my brother to go out to OPACY anymore because he's seen Chen start each of his last three trips out. And each time he pitched very poorly. I don't know how to explain it.

Didn't have the stats handy but I thought he was really good with RISP. But I'm sure the BBRB has some arbitrary date that he can use to show that Adam Jones has been slightly subpar since.

Maybe Adam performs differently in games that he watches and the numbers can't be trusted. I think OF#5 used that defense once.

I'll take your word for that. It must be another one of those "Wei-Yin Chen things", a great player with the resume' to prove it. But somehow whenever I watch him, he doesn't live up to his rep. In Adam's case, today is a HUGE exception.

And I'm not alone on this one. I can't get my brother to go out to OPACY anymore because he's seen Chen start each of his last three trips out. And each time he pitched very poorly. I don't know how to explain it.

How is today an exception? Is this the first game you've seen this year? He's batting .457 with 5 HRs.

You and your brother... So it's a fact.

Maybe Adam performs differently in games that he watches and the numbers can't be trusted. I think OF#5 used that defense once.

At least you do trust the numbers, that is a step in the right direction.

Archived