vs. RED SOX, 4/20

OFFNY

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• SSS but Holliday was playing incredible defense after like the first game or two when he seemed to have some jitters.  He had +3 OAA in a very short span.  Mateo has looked a little awkward at 2nd to be honest, and he's not the best at making the double play turn.
    • Hoping for a speedy recovery. That all happened fast. Not my initial impression reading the write up.
    • McCann looks cooked but he's in his last year and our options at backup C aren't great unless we're willing to trade for one.  But I'm not giving up a lot for a backup C.   I'd like to find a replacement for Urias.  He didn't look great last year and he's being thrust into a role that he's not really cut out for right now.  I don't think he's getting the 2022 magic back.  Maybe Westburg can go to 3rd full time and one of our 5 AAA 2nd basemen can work in with Mateo at 2nd.
    • I quoted myself, because I wanted to share something with you all.  I have memory issues.  Nothing full blown or anything, but I don't recall things nearly as well as I once did.  I mention this because it occurred to me that I posted a very similar thing about McCann last year, and he performed notably better in the 2nd half.  At least I believe so.   It's not that I feel I'm exactly wrong about McCann, but rather that he showed himself to be better just last season and could do so again.  I hope so. Memory issues are nothing to be ashamed of, though I'd be pretending if it didn't bother me.  I've been dealing with this for maybe five years or so, though it gets worse every year.  At 59, that's younger than most that have such issues.   I'm sure in a forum as populated as this one, there could be others going through what I am.  It is what it is... it's life, and I hope you're all doing your best with it. 
    • Estrada and Tejada both continued their recent surges today.  Estrada was 2 for 4 with a double, while Tejada was 3 for 3  with a homer.  Tejada has his OPS up to .737, not bad for a league where .654 is average.  Estrada is at .628 and climbing.  
    • Jeff Tackett was also part of the single-worst baserunning display I've seen in my entire life.  No exaggeration.  I was at the game with a friend who was at her first baseball game ever, and she asked me what was going on.  I still have no idea. https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1993/04/18/three-man-jam-at-third-costs-the-orioles-7-5/7eb4c3d6-545f-481a-89f4-9bc0036ad89a/
    • No doubt, I'm expecting that from Mateo. But sub .600 with worse defense is a possible outcome for Holliday this year. I hope it doesn't happen but I don't think we can rule it out. 
  • Popular Contributors