Orioles Sign Brandon Snyder For Bowie

weams

Huh, I'd kind of forgotten what happened to him. He had a heck of 1/3rd of a season in 2009 with the Baysox. But really hasn't hit much since. Definitely a tweener - if he'd been a good enough fielder at catcher to stick he'd probably have a MLB career. Maybe even if he'd been good enough to play third well. But as a first baseman you have to hit a lot better than .243/.287/.399.

Huh, I'd kind of forgotten what happened to him. He had a heck of 1/3rd of a season in 2009 with the Baysox. But really hasn't hit much since. Definitely a tweener - if he'd been a good enough fielder at catcher to stick he'd probably have a MLB career. Maybe even if he'd been good enough to play third well. But as a first baseman you have to hit a lot better than .243/.287/.399.

Wasn't his catching career derailed by a shoulder injury?

This is hilarious. I literally was telling my buddy yesterday that I expected Bowie to sign some retread with power potential because the Baysox offense is hurting. Presto! I like Snyder, looking forward to seeing him play up there. I might go on Sunday.

He did play a game in the Southern Maryland Atlantic league independent ball this season.

Yeah-I saw that news article. Regardless, Bowie needs some offense. This signing makes me feel better about my Bowie tickets and Bowie offense this season now:) ha ha.

Yeah-I saw that news article. Regardless, Bowie needs some offense. This signing makes me feel better about my Bowie tickets and Bowie offense this season now:) ha ha.

Yeah, it posted his stats on his baseball reference page.

[TABLE=class: sortable stats_table]

<tbody>[TR=class: full]

[TD]2015[/TD]

[TD=align: right]28[/TD]

[TD=align: right][/TD]

[TD]Southern Maryland[/TD]

[TD]ATLL[/TD]

[TD]Ind[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=align: right]1[/TD]

[TD=align: right]5[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2[/TD]

[TD=align: right].333[/TD]

[TD=align: right].600[/TD]

[TD=align: right].333[/TD]

[TD=align: right].933[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

I wish him well. His father ran the baseball academy that I went to in many winters as a kid and for all I know I may have met Brandon and we're the same age. Funnily enough the two major leaguers I have the biggest personal connection are both Brandons. Guyer of the Rays is the other.

Archived