The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

I was driving home from baseball practice yesterday morning listening tom1370 am and Stan the Fan Charles the owner of press box. Charles said that he was in favor of signing Miller. He said the O's made no effort to sign him. He said since the front office made no effort to sign Miller, they should have taken the Miller money and allocated the money for the additional year Cruz was asking for. Charles said both moves right now look have backfired on the O"s. He said Miller's success with the arch rival Yankees "has been a real slap in the face." The logic of doing nothing and depending on Manny and Wieters was flawed from the start. I know there is a lot of baseball left, but right now there are not a lot of positive signs.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is your obsession with strikeouts? Today's performance was terrible but it isn't shocking considering the Os K a lot.

Just frustrated mostly. I hate it when my teams that I root for get beat.

But 16 K's is ridiculous

I was driving home from baseball practice yesterday morning listening tom1370 am and Stan the Fan Charles the owner of press box. Charles said that he was in favor of signing Miller. He said the O's made no effort to sign him. He said since the front office made no effort to sign Miller, they should have taken the Miller money and allocated the money for the additional year Cruz was asking for. Charles said both moves right now look have backfired on the O"s. He said Miller's success with the arch rival Yankees "has been a real slap in the face." The logic of doing nothing and depending on Manny and Wieters was flawed from the start. I know there is a lot of baseball left, but right now there are not a lot of positive signs.

How has Cruz backfired on the Os? Miller I can understand. But Cruz? This team isn't lacking offense.

There. It. Is.

All offseason long, that was the refrain.

Take a good hard look at the fruit of the non-movement.

There are those who will simply refuse to criticize the front office under no circumstance.

MSK

I think part of the problem was the the Duquette Toronto mess. It was clear that once it became obvious that he couldn't leave Duquette finished with a flurry of moves. For me those moves were small moves and didn't have much chance to replace what we had lost.

Twice Lough and now Snider the Orioles have dipped into the small market NL clubs for a guy that had a really good season and has not performed anywhere near the previous season.

I know the days of the free spending in Baltimore are long gone. But I tend to believe that more could've been done..... More quality moves could've been made.

For whatever reason this club only looks like a shell of its former self. They clearly aren't playing up to their capabilities.

Stan is correct. The Orioles did not attempt to sign Miller.

Fire sale, This team is not a contender this year ,perhaps some young players that constantly

don't whine,and where has Brady made such a physical difference in this team,everyone seems to be hurting.

Considering some of the issues happened in Toronto on that awful new playing surface, that some of the Oriole players even considered boycotting

How do you blame that on Brady?

I guess you want to blame TJ for Wieters on Brady too.

As for Gausman, not sure, elbow conditioning comes under Brady's purview, since Gausman is a pitcher.

I think there is another factor in play no one is talking about. It's the "every other season" MLB postseason thing.

Outside of the 'star power" teams such as Detroit, all of the rest of the MLB teams that make deep postseason runs seem to show fatigue the following seasons. Look at the "every other year champs" Giants or the Orioles in 2013 as examples. Major league players seem to really need a full postseason off to really be recharged for the following season.

I think its sad that many O's fans after rooting for their team for many years don't understand their team. The O's are a mid market team that is not going to spend 4/40 on a closer like Miller or 4/57 on a 34 year old Cruz. Its just not who the O's are.

Miller not only wanted a big payday but also wanted a team that had the resources to pay his teammates big money. That gives the Yankees a decided edge. If the O's had matched the offer or even offered more Miller would have still have went to the Yanks.

Cruz getting better at 33-35 years old suggests that he is probably juicing. Does that affect last until the is 38 or does his body start to break down? The O's can't take a 14M per year risk on that. Besides if the O's had Cruz, Paredes would probably not get the playing time is he getting.

Yes, the O's need to get better. They did last June through October. Maybe they will again. But even if they don't O's fans should know the team they are rooting for and understand why they do what they do. That includes Stan the Fan if he really said what is mentioned in your post.

I think its sad that many O's fan after rooting for their team for many years don't understand their team. The O's are a mid market team that is not going to spend 4/40 on a closer like Miller or 4/57 on a 34 year old Cruz. Its just not who the O's are.

Miller not only wanted a big payday but also wanted a team that had the resources to pay his teammates big money. That gives the Yankees a decided edge. If the O's had matched the offer or even offered more Miller will have still have went to the Yanks.

Cruz getting better at 33-35 years old suggests that he is probably juicing. Does that affect last until the is 38 or does his body start to break down? The O's can't take a 14M per year risk on that. Besides if the O's had Cruz, Paredes would probably not get the playing time is he getting.

Yes, the O's need to get better. They did last June through October. Maybe they will again. But even if they don't O's fans should know the team they are rooting for and understand why they do what they do. That includes Stan the Fan if he really said what is mentioned in your post.

I don't expect the Orioles to spend money. I wish the team was more aggressive on the trade/international front, and I don't think the organization as a whole is operating at the level it needs to in order to compete long term. But some of that comes back to ownership-level issues.

I totally get frustration over Baltimore's lack of interesting moves; also understand Duquette is somewhat limited in what he can do. What blows it up for me, though, is seeing him get approval to spend and seeing Baltimore sign Jimenez to a four year deal.

Considering some of the issues happened in Toronto on that awful new playing surface, that some of the Oriole players even considered boycotting

How do you blame that on Brady?

I guess you want to blame TJ for Wieters on Brady too.

As for Gausman, not sure, elbow conditioning comes under Brady's purview, since Gausman is a pitcher.

He's a Red Sox fan. Don't go for the bait please. Just ignore if you like.

Archived