The This Team IS Done, We are Dumb and Nothing can Fix it MEGA THREAD

MagicBird

Examples please.

Seriously I want some examples of me insulting posters. Not the content of their posts, the posters themselves.

And for the record, I disagree a lot with the FO. Or have you never heard my rants about the bullpen construction, the Rule V draft, Delmon Young, the Roberts extension...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously I want some examples of me insulting posters. Not the content of their posts, the posters themselves.

And for the record, I disagree a lot with the FO. Or have you never heard my rants about the bullpen construction, the Rule V draft, Delmon Young, the Roberts extension...

What I meant by insulting I fell some of your responses are sarcastic/caustic. I believe you when you say you have been critical in the areas you documented

What I meant by insulting I fell some of your responses are sarcastic/caustic. I believe you when you say you have been critical in the areas you documented

OK, I won't argue that point.

I do however think there is a HUGE difference in attacking a poster's arguments and attacking a poster. I try and restrain myself from the latter.

I'd really appreciate it if you would acknowledge that difference when discussing me in the future.

OK, I won't argue that point.

I do however think there is a HUGE difference in attacking a poster's arguments and attacking a poster. I try and restrain myself from the latter.

I'd really appreciate it if you would acknowledge that difference when discussing me in the future.

Acknowledged

Acknowledged

I'll make my position clear. You are welcome to come here and acknowledge that you were wise and with your guidance the team would be much better. You are welcome to come here and tell us how the Orioles are poorly run and you are privy to this special knowledge. You are welcome to prognosticate about the awful future of this once proud franchise.

You are not welcome to come here and criticize the site, the moderation, or call any of your fellow posters by any names. Whether you like being asked to be civil or not. No one forces you to come here. It's a privilege too. Not a right.

I do know that you do have insight into how winning teams operate and I do value that. The Orioles have no reach to this site as far as PR and it is strictly the winning atmosphere over the last three years and the fun that the fans have enjoyed during that I, for one, support. There are plenty of folks with negative views that I count as great friends and respect for their wisdom. For me, I just try not to live in the darkness. As you well know, you only get to do this this one time.

That alone is enough to raise the ire of a few folks on the OH.

It's always easy to insult anyone who dares question the front office. What's more insulting is constantly loading the bases against the Marlins and not being able to blow the game wide open with clutch hitting.

Scrap heap hitters don't scare pitchers.

MSK

For the 100th time, no one, NO ONE, doubted that Cruz would have a great year this year. But I want you to come around in 2 to 3 years and post every day when he's struggling and still making 15 million per year. Oh wait, that's right, you won't care because he would have led us to a WS in 2015 and 2016. I forgot, my bad. :rolleyes:

I feel for you. I am in the same boat you are. I love the O?s, and I am a current season ticket holder. Anyone that offers any criticism of the team in the vast majority of posters on this forum ?hates the team.? They don?t realize that we love the team but we are not going to be a rubber stamp for everything we see wrong with the organization. Can of Corn insults posters regularly. You use the word ?apologist? and the moderators threaten to ban you. It is becoming obvious that this isn?t a forum. This is a Baltimore Orioles public relations site. Many us were not happy with the club doing nothing to improve in the off-season. Through 44 games it looks like we knew what we were talking about

If you have a problem with the moderation, please PM us. Otherwise you are breaking board rules.

As for your point, most of us were very disappointed in the 2014 off season as well, and we thought Cruz was a desperation move and that no one else in baseball wanted him. Now this same player is supposedly the chosen one to take us to the WS because he had a great first half of 2014 and a great 2 months of 2015? It just feels like a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking to me.

But yes, even though I would not have paid any of Miller, Cruz, or Markakis the contracts they received, I do think it was a poor offseason for Duquette.

If you have a problem with the moderation, please PM us. Otherwise you are breaking board rules.

As for your point, most of us were very disappointed in the 2014 off season as well, and we thought Cruz was a desperation move and that no one else in baseball wanted him. Now this same player is supposedly the chosen one to take us to the WS because he had a great first half of 2014 and a great 2 months of 2015? It just feels like a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking to me.

But yes, even though I would not have paid any of Miller, Cruz, or Markakis the contracts they received, I do think it was a poor offseason for Duquette.

And I would have made the mistake of overpaying substantially for Cruz. I wanted him. Even though it would have been a mistake. Otherwise. I agree with your post. I did want Travis Snider to replace Nick though. So if Lunch does not have a good second half, my GM skills will again be called into question.

And I would have made the mistake of overpaying substantially for Cruz. I wanted him. Even though it would have been a mistake. Otherwise. I agree with your post. I did want Travis Snider to replace Nick though. So if Lunch does not have a good second half, my GM skills will again be called into question.

The big difference is you, me, and others have opinions on what the Orioles should consider doing, but if they don't do it, we don't call the Front Office cheap or idiots. I guess that makes me an apologist.

The big difference is you, me, and others have opinions on what the Orioles should consider doing, but if they don't do it, we don't call the Front Office cheap or idiots. I guess that makes me an apologist.

I don't like that word. I don't like folks who have negative feeling to be called names either. In general, I do not like to group people together or separate cliques. I never have banned folks for using certain words only for not observing my requests of their behavior towards other.

For the 100th time, no one, NO ONE, doubted that Cruz would have a great year this year.

Prior to the year I seriously doubted his performance this year. My assumption is that any peak-ish year in your 30s won't be repeated, and I think I'll be right 90+% of the time.

Prior to the year I seriously doubted his performance this year. My assumption is that any peak-ish year in your 30s won't be repeated, and I think I'll be right 90+% of the time.

But Barry Bonds just got better. And so did David Ortiz! I guess they are in that 10% club though. Huh?

I'm sorry you're an apologist.

For the 100th time, no one, NO ONE, doubted that Cruz would have a great year this year. But I want you to come around in 2 to 3 years and post every day when he's struggling and still making 15 million per year. Oh wait, that's right, you won't care because he would have led us to a WS in 2015 and 2016. I forgot, my bad. :rolleyes:

If he's a 1.5 win player during that time you actually might not be eating all that much of the contract. Not saying I supported signing Cruz, but the front offices are much better than fan bases, as a general matter, keeping in mind that a 2015 annual salary and a 2017 annual salary (and a 2019 annual salary) are almost certain to be very different animals.

Archived