When should fans really start to worry?

Ohfan67

I know we are all unhappy right now, but This not a reactionary post. I'm looking for thoughtful posts. There was discussion a few weeks back about the O's record last year in late May and some posters pointed to that as reassurance for this year. I know there all kinds of crazy examples of teams rebounded late in the year, but I'm curios as to when people think the mediocre, as opposed to terrible, record starts to be really alarming? I think I've seen Frobby mention that the 60 games mark is a meaningful time to make judgements about a team (or was it 50)?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know we are all unhappy right now, but This not a reactionary post. I'm looking for thoughtful posts. There was discussion a few weeks back about the O's record last year in late May and some posters pointed to that as reassurance for this year. I know there all kinds of crazy examples of teams rebounded late in the year, but I'm curios as to when people think the mediocre, as opposed to terrible, record starts to be really alarming? I think I've seen Frobby mention that the 60 games mark is a meaningful time to make judgements about a team (or was it 50)?

If the team is 10 back by the end of May, I'll officially be worried. As it is, I was worried when we started the season, primarily because we seemed rosy-eyed about possible production from marginal players with no real track records (Pearce, Norris and DeAza, Lough, Snider, all come to mind...). But again, I generally reserve judgment until June...

I

Im always worried as most of you know, but Im really worried about this teams lack of fundamentals defensively and offensively.Its VERY unlike this team in the last three years.This team must defend better and play smarter baseball. ITS FAR FROM OVER, but they better get it together soon.

I have never seen a Buck team play this fundamentally bad. It's troubling.

Im always worried as most of you know, but Im really worried about this teams lack of fundamentals defensively and offensively.Its VERY unlike this team in the last three years.This team must defend better and play smarter baseball. ITS FAR FROM OVER, but they better get it together soon.

It's unbearable, but also should be the easiest thing to fix. I'd be very worried if we had to come up with more talent, but I don't see that as the problem for this team.

Machado is going through a defensive slump, but the defense with Snider and Pearce in the field is not going to be that good. I would really prefer this lineup for the time being:

3B Machado, DH Parades, CF Jones, 1B Davis, RF Young/Snider, SS Hardy, C Joseph, LF Lough, 2B Navarro

That would improve our defense, and really Pearce is giving us nothing offensively.

Machado is going through a defensive slump, but the defense with Snider and Pearce in the field is not going to be that good. I would really prefer this lineup for the time being:

3B Machado, DH Parades, CF Jones, 1B Davis, RF Young/Snider, SS Hardy, C Joseph, LF Lough, 2B Navarro

That would improve our defense, and really Pearce is giving us nothing offensively.

Theoretically it improves the defense. Pearce ended up at 2B because Navarro booted a few routine plays.

Archived