When should fans really start to worry?

Ohfan67

Yes we are playing sloppy but one more point. Just because a pitcher allows a lead off walk or we make an error does not mean they are forced to let up runs right after. The pitching staff has done a poor job of picking up the defense this year. They need to step up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck, I am worried from day one until the day we clinch (or, more likely, get eliminated). We could be up 5 and I would be worried it's not a big enough lead. Very worried about Tillman and Norris. Just kind of mystified about Manny. That said, if we win tomorrow we take the series. Put the past behind us and "Jeep Winning the Series."

I was at the game Tues night. Things were going OK until the 5th or 6th inning. I had leave my seat to do some ticket swapping at the ticket office, and missed some plays. Somewhere along the line, the Jays had tied it up while I was gone. When I returned to my seat, a rally to try and score the winning run had started, only to be squelched by Delmon hitting into a DP. When Tilly returned to the mound, things started to fall apart. Tilly gave up some doubles and the Jays pulled ahead. Buck pulled Tilly at that point, Hunter came in and promptly showed that it just wasn't his night. At one point, a passed ball resulted when Joseph and Hunter got their signs mixed up.A few runs later, Hunter was pulled for McFarland, who wasn't much better. And that's when the errors started, One by Pearce, one by Machado, and one or two more. It all became a blurr as the Os completely unraveled.

I am most worried with the defense. I have never seen all these errors before. If the defense doesn't get straightened out pretty soon, then I will be worried.

The big offseason acquisition was Travis Snider. Hopefully the Orioles snap out of it but is anyone (other than the homers) really surprised? The errors are a bit of a surprise but this is a 78-82 win team.

Here's the good news about last night's game vs. the Blow Jays:

- There will always be pitchers that own your team

- There will always be games when the fielding is awful

- There will always be games when the bullpen collapses

Having all of that happen at one game may have saved the team two additional losses.

The big offseason acquisition was Travis Snider. Hopefully the Orioles snap out of it but is anyone (other than the homers) really surprised? The errors are a bit of a surprise but this is a 78-82 win team.

Some people are homers and some people hate the Orioles. I think you're the latter. I've never seen you say anything positive.

Agreed the errors are the biggest surprise. But when we failed to do anything of importance in the offseason I feared the worst.

Someone posted a poll right before the season to predict number of wins. I think me and one other guy said .500

Agreed the errors are the biggest surprise. But when we failed to do anything of importance in the offseason I feared the worst.

Someone posted a poll right before the season to predict number of wins. I think me and one other guy said .500

I'm sure that's what we'll point to if the team finished at or below .500 -- the lack of doing anything of importance in the offseason. But I've seen time and time again, teams that relatively stay put in the offseason do well in the regular season. I don't think it's the issue as much as the team is in a funk.

I don't start assessing the team until June 1. Then I look at how they are trending, particularly the staring pitching. Today's game should have been winnable, I didn't see it, so I don't know what happened, but it surprised me that Buck allowed Tillman to stay in the 7th so long.

That makes you part of the 2% crowd. Bell curves RULE. ;)

Archived