Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Boone, I can see.  Cashman, IMO, it revolves around his ability to get Soto back in the fold for a long term deal.

That’s going to be on little Stein I think.

Sounds like a Mets vs Yankees bidding war is likely.

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Gotta wonder how much longer Boone has his job.  I'm assuming Cashman is GM for life at this point.

A meaningless side note but Cashman is a local guy. He played at Catholic University for a friend of mine. When he got the NYY GM job he flew him up to NY and had a limo pick him up. Put him up in a great hotel and had him in his box for a weekend series. It was a very nice gesture. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jagwar said:

I created a new stat last night in the game thread, the KS... the Kimbrel-save. That's when a reliever manages to protect a 9-run lead

I believe Cole Irvin actually got a save for protecting an 11-run lead on Monday (10 by the time he was done), because he pitched 3 innings to close the game.  

I thought that this was a very important win tonight. Sure, it's just another game and theres like a dozen and half to go. But it was important because Suarez really stepped up when the O's needed it He was great, especially after giving up 6 runs in his last outing. Also Mullins had two big home runs and Adley finally delivered a 2 out bases loaded hit. We also got a good performance(though some tense moments) from the pen. Now still a half game back, and if we can somehow win this series, it would go a long way to bringing some confidence back.If Kremer can pitch well on Wednesday, we might be able to get back in track, and then we are in the final stretch. I loved this win tonight.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

If we can bump this thread nine more times, we win the division.   That’s not the only way we can win it, but that sure would be fun.  

Not the only way, but that would be a satisfying way.

The O's just need to have 1 move win than NYY the rest of the way. Actually, they can actually have the same record and win the AL East, as long as they beat the Yankees once, right?

1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

Not the only way, but that would be a satisfying way.

The O's just need to have 1 move win than NYY the rest of the way. Actually, they can actually have the same record and win the AL East, as long as they beat the Yankees once, right?

Correct.  BAL needs one more win to win the season series with the Yankees, which would give them the tiebreaker advantage.  So the next when against NYY will actually decrease our magic number to win the division by 3.

30 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Cole walking Devers appeared to be the wrong move for the Yankees today.

As someone who was a pitcher when I was growing up...I cannot fathom having the stuff that Gerrit Cole does and even think about issuing an intentional walk.  I don't care who I'd be facing, I'd want to challenge everyone.

How hard did you throw at your best ?