HHP: MASN/Nats/Orioles case (Inside the Courtroom)

Frobby

Attendance was down over 40% by the time MASN started.

It's a shame you skipped reading comprehension class. Nowhere in the following did he say attendance was cut in half for all of the past fifteen years. We get it; you ran off your mouth without knowing the numbers and now you're only digging the hole deeper. *yawn*

I crunched the numbers for every single year, yet I don't know what I am talking about LOL.

Whose side are you on BTW?

Can we officially put you in the Angelos apologist camp now? It's numbers are dwindling.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I crunched the numbers for every single year, yet I don't know what I am talking about LOL.

Can we officially put you in the Angelos apologist camp now? It's numbers are dwindling.

You seriously need to give this crap a rest. Tony Soprano is one of Angelos' biggest detractors, and one of the most informed posters on this board. Just because everyone isn't foaming at the mouth with every post doesn't mean they love the way PA runs this team.

You seriously need to give this crap a rest. Tony Soprano is one of Angelos' biggest detractors, and one of the most informed posters on this board. Just because everyone isn't foaming at the mouth with every post doesn't mean they love the way PA runs this team.

"Foaming at the mouth"

LOL.

I love it.

I know Tony used to be on my side, that is why I asked the question. Quite shocking he would take this tone with me since I thought he felt the same way about Angelos.

"Foaming at the mouth"

LOL.

I love it.

I know Tony used to be on my side, that is why I asked the question. Quite shocking he would take this tone with me since I thought he felt the same way about Angelos.

Seriously, just stop. You're alienating people who agree with you.

Angelos is a sucky owner. If you want to know how the board feels, post a poll with three options and no narrative or bias. Simply ask people the following: As an owner, 1. Angelos sucks, 2. Angelos is average or 3. Angelos is good or better. I bet the overwhelming majority votes for 1.

Seriously, just stop. You're alienating people who agree with you.

Angelos is a sucky owner. If you want to know how the board feels, post a poll with three options and no narrative or bias. Simply ask people the following: As an owner, 1. Angelos sucks, 2. Angelos is average or 3. Angelos is good or better. I bet the overwhelming majority votes for 1.

What is funny is I know most of the board agrees with me, yet they still want to fight about it. Makes a lot of sense.

The majority stay silent because we are relentlessly attacked every single time we tell the truth about our owner and his finances. I get Pm's from them all day long, telling me how they fear posting because of the repeated insults and arrogance of certain posters. That is OK, I will carry their water for them, someone has to. We are talked to like we are the "crazy fringe minority" when if everyone took a vote we would be the majority around here.

I know it is too much to ask for an honest ownership who doesn't lie to the fanbase year after year.

Nobody here wants the truth, they want to believe people like me are wrong. They want to believe SO bad and it comes out directly in the way they talk to other people. They must be in denial or something, I don't know.

But I am done for today, I already broke a few of my own rules for this place.

Have at it, attack all you want I won't be responding anymore.

The truth comes out more and more every day.

I second every word of this. Soprano has cred.

What is funny is I know most of the board agrees with me, yet they still want to fight about it. Makes a lot of sense.

The majority stay silent because we are relentlessly attacked every single time we tell the truth about our owner and his finances. I get Pm's from them all day long, telling me how they fear posting because of the repeated insults and arrogance of certain posters. That is OK, I will carry their water for them, someone has to. We are talked to like we are the "crazy fringe minority" when if everyone took a vote we would be the majority around here.

I know it is too much to ask for an honest ownership who doesn't lie to the fanbase year after year.

Nobody here wants the truth, they want to believe people like me are wrong. They want to believe SO bad and it comes out directly in the way they talk to other people. They must be in denial or something, I don't know.

Are you maligning the Orioles Hangout again?

My observation is that when posters like you come along, it's you who doesn't get it.

I've seen 4 posts off the top of my head in the last few days (me, Frobby, Drungo, Soprano) and remember a couple of others that I just can't place, all making the same point. That point is basically that we know what we're dealing with respect to Angelos. However, rather than beating our head against the wall, we much prefer to operate within the reality that O's fans are faced with.

I typed much more and just deleted it.

Just try to get along. That's all I'm asking.

Do you realize you're on an internet message board about a baseball team? You aren't carrying the water for anyone. You're a brash guy with an opinion about a baseball team. Get some perspective.

You crunched the numbers? I already explained to you why Hoosiers' statement was not an exaggeration. Are you trying to say that the attendance drop, while due to Angelos' mismanagement, wasn't significant?
That is OK, I will carry their water for them, someone has to.
Maybe you should change your name

1043876.jpg

It should not be so difficult to get along with the other kids in the playground. Seriously.

If you want to try to share opinion, facts and other about the Orioles, this is by far the best site on the internet.

I, like many here, have found exchanges with you to be a waste of time. Try using your powers for good, superman.

I guess the 7-29% drop from 1998-2005 equals "cut in half" in your world. Cut in half from what you claimed would be more appropriate.

Love to know what math class that was taught at.

Exaggeration, like I said.

Carry on.

The drop from 2005 (last year pre-MASN) to 2006 was very precipitous, brought on by Raffygate and the team's collapse. The team's revenues from tickets and concessions (roughly $40 per fan) dropped about $20 mm that year, and another $16 mm or so over the next four years. That's not inconsequential.

• 4 months later...

Just a quick blurb about the O's-Nats negotiations in Boswell's chat today.

BTW, apparently the Nats-MASN dispute has now gone to "the commissioner's office" for the next stage of Whatever-It-Is. Commissioner's Office = Bud. He was presiding when this mess happened. He needs to man up and get a resolution before he leaves at the end of 2014. If it's a good deal, then both sides will hate it.

http://live.washingtonpost.com/ask-boswell-130429.html

Archived