vs. ASTROS, 6/01

OFFNY

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't know what to think at this point. They can't seem to ever put it all together. If the starting pitching is good, the hitting is terrible. If they are hitting, the pitching is terrible. And then on top of all of that, randomly throw in spots of awful defense.

Every night it's something. One night the team can't hit, then the starter can't get into the 5th inning, then the bullpen blows, then Buck blows. This team just finds ways to lose ball games.

This. It was the same way last season though the first 53 games.

105.7 the Fan is gonna be exciting tomorrow. If I have to hear that whole "it's early and the AL East is a bad division" excuse one more time, I'm gonna throw up. At SOME point, someone on this ball club needs to be accountable. I am not seeing any improvements OR changes for the positive. How can anyone continue to keep the faith when it seems as though these guys are going through the motions?

I just don't know what to think at this point. They can't seem to ever put it all together. If the starting pitching is good, the hitting is terrible. If they are hitting, the pitching is terrible. And then on top of all of that, randomly throw in spots of awful defense.

Throw in the injuries and this is ONE DISJOINTED team right now. Yea still lots to play but why do I have this BAD feeling that we'll be making excuses for this team into September. :(

I would just like to say this is totally on Buck. Why do you take out Jimenez at 91 pitches in the 7th inning? Makes no sense at all to me. It's not like he has Andrew Miller out there in the bullpen. No matter how good Brach can be at times, he's a box of chacolate, you just never really know what you are going to get. As for Hunter, they could DFA him tomorrow and I'd throw a party.

Just seems like he's leaving guys in that should be taken out (Tillman) then taking guys out that should stay in. I don't get it.

Aside from having four guys in the starting lineup routinely that are not everyday players, this bullpen truly doesn't have one guy before ZB that is anywhere near consistent. I wouldn't protect a single one of them if other teams came calling.

This. It was the same way last season though the first 53 games.

Exactly. And they looked bad through those first 53 games. Ubaldo, Davis, no Wieters and knowing we weren't going to have him. The division was better than it is this year.

Archived