vs. ASTROS, 6/01

OFFNY

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
105.7 the Fan is gonna be exciting tomorrow. If I have to hear that whole "it's early and the AL East is a bad division" excuse one more time, I'm gonna throw up. At SOME point, someone on this ball club needs to be accountable. I am not seeing any improvements OR changes for the positive. How can anyone continue to keep the faith when it seems as though these guys are going through the motions?

Lol, so you really believe the teams in our division are just as strong? And this isn't the first day of June? Hold on while I scrounge up a barf bag....

Ryan Flaherty, Everth Cabrera, Delmon Young, Caleb Joseph, David Lough ? If a Major League baseball team puts these five guys in a starting lineup at the same time, it's not going to win many games.

Being generous, that's two starters and three guys who should be coming off the bench. In a perfect world, that's five bench players. Just can't win like that.

I would just like to say this is totally on Buck. Why do you take out Jimenez at 91 pitches in the 7th inning? Makes no sense at all to me. It's not like he has Andrew Miller out there in the bullpen. No matter how good Brach can be at times, he's a box of chacolate, you just never really know what you are going to get. As for Hunter, they could DFA him tomorrow and I'd throw a party.

Well, I'm totally on board with the last point. But Brach has been pretty much lights out after his first couple of games. Buck shouldn't have pulled Jiminez (IMHO), but I'd rather him go to Brach than anyone else out there right now.

Lol, so you really believe the teams in our division are just as strong? And this isn't the first day of June? Hold on while I scrounge up a barf bag....

Well when the division isn't very strong, AND you're still losing ground...that is a pretty good tell tale sign of what the team is made of. Just sayin.

Well, I'm totally on board with the last point. But Brach has been pretty much lights out after his first couple of games. Buck shouldn't have pulled Jiminez (IMHO), but I'd rather him go to Brach than anyone else out there right now.

But that's just it, those first couple games he was awful. I've seen him be awful before. The point was there was no reason to take out Ubaldo. He had 8 SO and had only given up 4 hits on the night. Brach's is not a shut down set up guy. We got him for Devin Jones for Pete's sake. I bet most people here just said,"Who?"

Well when the division isn't very strong, AND you're still losing ground...that is a pretty good tell tale sign of what the team is made of. Just sayin.

Were 2 1/2 out now and the Yankees are facing Hernandez who's having an off night, but the Angels are beating TB. The worst it will be is 3 by the end of tonight. It's just not as bad as you or the rest of the 'sky is falling crowd' make it out to be.

But that's just it, those first couple games he was awful. I've seen him be awful before. The point was there was no reason to take out Ubaldo. He had 8 SO and had only given up 4 hits on the night. Brach's is not a shut down set up guy. We got him for Devin Jones for Pete's sake. I bet most people here just said,"Who?"

Look, I already said that I disagreed with taking Ubaldo out. I can't be much more clear than that.

It's not that Brach has been bad this year, it's that you really don't always know what you are going to get. So because of that, you don't yank your starter at 91 pitches with just a man on first for him. I just don't get it at all, and I'm a Buck fan.

Archived