Its time to promote Chris Parmelee (Activated, Chen to Frederick)

wildcard

The O's need help hitting right handed pitching. Parmelee has a 921 OPS vs righties at AAA.

Navarro down; Parmelee up

Manny, Hardy, Flaherty and Davis play everyday anyway. If someone needs a day off then put Pearce at 2nd or Paredes.

Where does Parmelee play? Either right field or 1B. Davis plays the other spot.

Delmon is hitting lefties and Paredes has good numbers vs right handed pitching. They cover the DH spot.

Snider is doing a decent job getting on base in the #2 spot in the line up vs righties. He can play left and platoon with Pearce.

The O's need hitting help and Parmelee has proved all he needs to at AAA. Time for a promotion.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right. But is he only down in Norfolk so we can stash him to see if he makes the team next year? Wildcard might be right. This offense needs some help. Parmelee has over a 1.000 OPS away from Harbor Park. If he doesn't hit enough to stick up here then he isn't good enough to start next year anyway, most likely. The only thing I might disagree with is who to send down. There is no need for Lough, Snider, and Parmelee all on the same 25 man roster. Time to move Lough or Snider. Do we try Parmelee in RF with Snider in LF against RHP? I"m skeptical of Parmelee's and Davis' outfield defense as one would be in RF.

Yeah. I think he is all about next season.

Does Parmelee have options? or is he on a minor league deal and would have to be added to the 40 man? Would we lose him if we tried to send him down?

Orioles signed OF Chris Parmelee to a minor league contract with an invitation to spring training.

Parmelee elected to become a free agent in December after getting outrighted off the Twins' 40-man roster.

I have him with no options.

Does Parmelee have options? or is he on a minor league deal and would have to be added to the 40 man? Would we lose him if we tried to send him down?

I think we would lose him if we sent him back down.

It is time for Parmalee. Let him play 1B and Davis play RF. Leave him out there everyday. Snider should be planted in LF everyday. He isn't hitting for power, but has a track record and has a .345 OBP. Parades and Pearce at DH and spot D. Young.

I think that a lot of this non-production is Showalter's fault. He keeps switching the COF positions everyday, no matter the results from the day before.

Free Travis Snider.

Right. But is he only down in Norfolk so we can stash him to see if he makes the team next year? Wildcard might be right. This offense needs some help. Parmelee has over a 1.000 OPS away from Harbor Park. If he doesn't hit enough to stick up here then he isn't good enough to start next year anyway, most likely. The only thing I might disagree with is who to send down. There is no need for Lough, Snider, and Parmelee all on the same 25 man roster. Time to move Lough or Snider. Do we try Parmelee in RF with Snider in LF against RHP? I"m skeptical of Parmelee's and Davis' outfield defense as one would be in RF.

With either Davis or Parmelee in RF Lough is needed as a late inning defensive OF. Snider is carrying a good OBP vs righties. Navarro really does little for the team. Pearce can cover 2nd if someone in the infield needs rest.

Like you, I am not worried about losing Parmelee. There are probably several other players that can go before he does. Pearce is a FA and are the O's really going to want him back if he keeps playing the way he is now? Delmon is a free agent also. Can Snider produce enough to stay? There are too many questions about other players to worry about losing Parmelee.

With either Davis or Parmelee in RF Lough is needed as a late inning defensive OF. Snider is carrying a good OBP vs righties. Navarro really does little for the team. Pearce can cover 2nd if someone in the infield needs rest.

Like you, I am not worried about losing Parmelee. There are probably several other players that can go before he does. Pearce is a FA and are the O's really going to want him back if he keeps playing the way he is now? Delmon is a free agent also. Can Snider produce enough to stay? There are too many questions about other players to worry about losing Parmelee.

You have some good ideas. Brian Matusz made them unreasonable.

You have some good ideas. Brian Matusz made them unreasonable.

Being one down in the pen should hurt the O's. They have flexibility to option McFarland for Wilson or Rondon. I am guessing that Cabral is sent down for Norris.

Archived