Orioles: Their First Day Off in 3 Weeks

OFFNY

o

mdbdotcom started a thread back on May 18th:

Starting Tuesday, May 19th: 21 Games in 20 Days

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/148029-Starting-Tuesday-May-19-21-Games-in-20-Days/page2

The Orioles went 10-11 during that stretch. Disappointing, but not disastrous.

Now, they finally have a day off tomorrow.

I love Orioles baseball as much as anyone, and I miss it when they aren't playing, but I am thrilled that the O's have off tomorrow.

The return of Matt Wieters appears to have given them a spark, if ever so slight. Having Ryan Flaherty back in the middle of the infield has helped Showlater be a little more flexible with the lineup, as well. Perhaps the day off tomorrow can help them even more as they regroup, and come home to OPACY for 8 consecutive games, the first 6 of which are against the Red Sox and the Yankees.

I'm definitely disappointed. I was hoping the big homestand would ignite a hot stretch, not mediocrity.

Hopefully the off day, the return of Wieters and Hardy, and some good-old-Boston-Pitching-cooking can help ignite a run.

Off days suck but MASN id showing the Nelson Cruz 7 RBI comeback win against TB last year. September 7. This game starts out so bad I'm getting depressed. Lough and De Aza collide to give up an inside the parker. :ohlord:

Off days suck but MASN id showing the Nelson Cruz 7 RBI comeback win against TB last year. September 7. This game starts out so bad I'm getting depressed. Lough and De Aza collide to give up an inside the parker. :ohlord:

I was at that game. You can see me and my girlfriend jumping up and down on the right side of the O's dugout as Nelson rounds third. One of my favorites of all-time.

Archived