If Gonzo has to go on the DL, Cabral could be back tomorrow (Gonzo DL Retro to 10th)

wildcard

I think if we need someone, it will not be Cabral. We need someone capable of pitching a bit longer. My guess is SJ or Gamboa, both on 40-man.

Isn't SJ out of options?

I think Roch said something about SJ, not coming up, unless its for a spot for the season.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if we need someone, it will not be Cabral. We need someone capable of pitching a bit longer. My guess is SJ or Gamboa, both on 40-man.

Steve Johnson is not on the 40-man roster. Also, he has no options. When he comes up, it has to be for good. Tyler Wilson is on the 40-man and can be brought up any time.

This. Plus you don't want to take the risk he gets pulled early in his next start and you really wreck the bullpen. Granted Matusz will be back then, I don't want to see him for multiple innings his first time back.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I agree, which and they are not out of this, so Buck takes the route and DL Gonzo for 10 days.

Steve Johnson is not on the 40-man roster. Also, he has no options. When he comes up, it has to be for good. Tyler Wilson is on the 40-man and can be brought up any time.

Really? Wow. Thanks. I assumed he was on 40-man. I guess he just has that opt-out then...

Thanks.

If they think it is just going to be one start they could LEt Matusz start against the Yankees who are heavy left handed team and he should be pretty fres and give the team 4-5 innings. Then have TJ and Brach as loing men. The Yanks is a team you want as many left handers as possible ready so I think letting Brian or TJ start is a better option the Wright.

If they think it is just going to be one start they could LEt Matusz start against the Yankees who are heavy left handed team and he should be pretty fres and give the team 4-5 innings. Then have TJ and Brach as loing men. The Yanks is a team you want as many left handers as possible ready so I think letting Brian or TJ start is a better option the Wright.

Hmmm this isn't a bad idea. And Brady says Matusz is getting multiple inning appearances in Florida. Maybe it could work.

Hmmm this isn't a bad idea. And Brady says Matusz is getting multiple inning appearances in Florida. Maybe it could work.

Do the minor league tag team dual start.

Throw Brian for 4 innings, throw TJ for 4 innings, and then let your closer/mop-up guy finish.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Gonzalez won't make his next scheduled start on Sunday. He's still sore today and is a DL candidate. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mike Wright and Tyler Wilson are candidates to fill Gonzalez's start on Sunday. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Since Gonzo is missing his next start, it wouldn't surprise me to see a move before tonight's game. Norfolk just finished a game today. So it could be an arm from Bowie just for tonight. Berry is on the 40 man and left handed. Also we could just add Givens.

Or just call up Gausman.

Archived