Sportscenter Highlights

Bahama O's Fan

When the O's win, I try to watch Sportscenter to see the highlights. After an 11-3 win last night, the first two highlights are for the Yankees. First: Arod gets a hit as he gets "closer" to 3000. Second: Williams two run homer. Third: Davis' HR. No more O's highlights. We can big and the Yanks get two out of the three highlights. Immediately afterwards, they show Markakis grounding into two double plays with the bases loaded for both of them.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NYC metro area television households: something like 7.5M and change.

Baltimore metro area television households: about 1.5M.

ESPN is a for-profit television network. I wouldn't expect their coverage to give the same weight to all markets. They know how revenues work. I'm not a fan of any big-market team, which is a lot of the reason I don't watch ESPN much.

MLB Network showed the Jones RBI single, the Davis HR and the Joseph HR surrounding Williams' HR. Try them for a while.

I agree. Quick pitch shows pretty good highlights and the scenery is nice to look at too.

When the O's win' date=' I try to watch Sportscenter to see the highlights. After an 11-3 win last night, the first two highlights are for the Yankees. First: Arod gets a hit as he gets "closer" to 3000. Second: Williams two run homer. Third: Davis' HR. No more O's highlights. We can big and the Yanks get two out of the three highlights. Immediately afterwards, they show Markakis grounding into two double plays with the bases loaded for both of them.[/quote']

We've beaten this to death. Watch MLB Network and save yourself the trouble.

Outside of an actual game, I don't watch ESPN at all anymore and probably have not in more than 5 years. Once in a while I tune in to a show like Sportscaster for about a minute to see how much of a joke the network has become. The personalities on that channel are so wooden and non-entertaining. It's sad because at one time it was some of the greatest television around with Patrick, Oberman, Rich Eisen and Craig Kilborn. They made Sportscenter to be a smart, funny, review of ALL sports, while poking fun at sports casters on local television who showed squirrels on water skis with goofy music in the background as part of their sports highlights. Now Sportscenter has BECOME the local sports caster showing squirrels on water skis with goofy music in the background. MLB network is head and shoulders better than anything ESPN has to offer.

Outside of an actual game, I don't watch ESPN at all anymore and probably have not in more than 5 years. Once in a while I tune in to a show like Sportscaster for about a minute to see how much of a joke the network has become. The personalities on that channel are so wooden and non-entertaining. It's sad because at one time it was some of the greatest television around with Patrick, Oberman, Rich Eisen and Craig Kilborn. They made Sportscenter to be a smart, funny, review of ALL sports, while poking fun at sports casters on local television who showed squirrels on water skis with goofy music in the background as part of their sports highlights. Now Sportscenter has BECOME the local sports caster showing squirrels on water skis with goofy music in the background. MLB network is head and shoulders better than anything ESPN has to offer.
ESPN is self-promoting, featuring whatever sports events that they broadcast. I realized that several years ago and started watching MLB network and NFL network (for football).

Speaking of highlights did anyone see that Markakis went 0-3 with the bases loaded last night, two of which were ending ending double plays. Poor guy left 9 on base in an 0 for 5 effort.

Definitely sad, but relieved he's no longer on the team

Speaking of highlights did anyone see that Markakis went 0-3 with the bases loaded last night, two of which were ending ending double plays. Poor guy left 9 on base in an 0 for 5 effort.

Actually, the double plays reduced the number of left on base to 7, so he's got that going for him.

Archived