Delmon not doing it in RF

RayC

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After watching the statues that are playing OF for the Yankees, I can't get on Delmon too much for his ability out there. At least if a ball gets by him, he can get to it in a timely manner and make a strong accurate throw.

Yea, let's use the absolute lowest standard possible to judge Delmon. Not compare him to the other guys on the team. DD needs to Teagarden Delmon so Buck can't be tempted to play him.

Yea, let's use the absolute lowest standard possible to judge Delmon. Not compare him to the other guys on the team. DD needs to Teagarden Delmon so Buck can't be tempted to play him.

Just making the point that it's hard for me to muster up a lot of disgust for his play, while watching the likes of Beltran play for the Yankees. I didn't say that I wanted him out there or not.

Delmon seems to have the same issues with playing the right wall that HanRam has with the Monster. You have to reverse direction farther and faster the very second you realize it is over your head. Tough to do, Nick and Yaz made it look easy, but it isn't. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Delmon seems to have the same issues with playing the right wall that HanRam has with the Monster. You have to reverse direction farther and faster the very second you realize it is over your head. Tough to do, Nick and Yaz made it look easy, but it isn't. .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair Nick had 9 years to learn how to play that wall. I wouldn't expect Delmon to master it in less than a season.

And to think people scoffed when I said that the Nolan should make the team out of ST instead of Young.

I felt bullied and was treated like I was a moron.

Woe is me.

Amazing you can stick it out around here with all of these stat worshipping group thinking lollipoppers shooting down all of your brilliant and politely suggested ideas.

How has he exceeded your expectations? Were you expecting a .600 OPS with even worse defense?

So far this year dWar of 0.2, and 8 outfield assists. I'll take that from Delmon. Not worried about his offense at this point.

Has Flaherty been playing for the Orioles for 50 years? I thought he was younger than that.

No he hasn't - a very astute observation I might add! Right up there with thinking the weak bat of Ryan OFlaherty is not what it is, has been, and always will be compared to a good hitting major league outfielder or any other position player.

After watching the statues that are playing OF for the Yankees, I can't get on Delmon too much for his ability out there. At least if a ball gets by him, he can get to it in a timely manner and make a strong accurate throw.

I agree as Carlos Beltran and his half hearted attempts to cut off a ball slightly in the gap and nearly walking to the wall to retrieve it makes any Orioles outfielder look like a speed demon out there!

J

Get a good lawyer and sue the doctor who did your cataract surgery. So far this year, Flaherty is hitting .368 against LHP's with a 1.008 OPS in 19 AB's. I thought he looked better this year but I figured I better check first.

Well I certainly have not seen all 19 of his abs this season for sure as the ones I saw he whiffed or looked awful. At any rate get back to me after a bigger sample size. If you think Flaherty is an everyday player because of his bat I have some ocean front property in Nebraska I'd like to sell you cheap!

Speak for yourself but mine are the best at age 60 they have ever been in my life right now. I had cataract (laser) surgery in each eye last year and now have 20-15 in left eye and 20-20 in right without glasses or contacts.

Good for you OldFAn. I had cataract surgery last year as well. As for Young in RF well that's fine as long as the team wins. Six in a row. If you believe someone

else should be playing RF then that's fine. I will leave it up to Buck. Team seems

to be playing better. IMO

Archived