Orioles Willing to Discuss Gausman in Trades

SticksandStones

Nick Swisher is sort of a journeyman player and I highly doubt Gausman would fetch him or even Zobrist.

Swisher is hitting under .200 and is injured. Zobrist has what 5 home runs this season with a average around 250? Billy Beane has gone mad these days but he would trade Zobrist for Gausman in a heartbeat and DD would be out of baseball again.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick Swisher is sort of a journeyman player and I highly doubt Gausman would fetch him or even Zobrist.

There's a petty huge difference between Swisher and Zobrist. Suggesting that Gausman might not even net Nick Swisher is beyond ridiculous.

Personally, I hope we dont lose all of our FAs.

But, I don't think Britt was blowing smoke, when she said, she didnt believe any of them would be still around next season.

Your dreaming they are history. O' Day is a maybe... Brit is DEAD ON.

:rofl:

Good one!

You are kidding right?

No?

Have you seen Swisher play this year?

198/261/297.

Not sure where they have him hitting in the lineup.

They would trade him for Norris in a heartbeat.

Keith Law isn't happy with the Orioles handling of Gausman either.

Ben (Atlanta)

What do you think of Gausman (reportedly) ditching the slider for a curveball?

Klaw (1:55 PM)

If so, it's stupid, but the biggest problem remains some genius moving him to the 3b side of the rubber so he's throwing across his body. If they're not going to develop him right they should trade him before they destroy his value.

More times than not, it has worked out for Arrieta, who has flirted with no-hitters and perfect games this season by using devastating off-speed pitches.

But that wasn't always the case. He couldn't command his stuff in Baltimore, leading to a career-high five walks per nine innings pitched last season. The further he gets from the trade the less Arrieta likes to talk about his struggles in Baltimore where he and former pitching coach Rick Adair didn't see eye-to-eye. It wasn't a hostile relationship, but it didn't bring out the best in Arrieta on the mound.

"There were some things there that inhibited my ability to take that next step," Arrieta said last year. "There were things going on there that kind of restricted me a little bit."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/26797/arrieta-goes-from-os-castoff-to-cubs-ace

I wonder what Jake Arrieta is talking about. What kind of things were going on that prevented him from reaching his full potential here?

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/26797/arrieta-goes-from-os-castoff-to-cubs-ace

I wonder what Jake Arrieta is talking about. What kind of things were going on that prevented him from reaching his full potential here?

. I don't know but did observe when he was an Oriole he was terrible pitching out of the stretch and not so with the Cubs. He also doesn't constantly tug at his cap and his sleeves like he did with the Orioles anymore. He just looks so much more comfortable.

I was watching a cub game earlier this year and the announcers said that the Cubs pitching coach (Bosio) moved Jake to the other side of the rubber and that was it. lol

I was watching a cub game earlier this year and the announcers said that the Cubs pitching coach (Bosio) moved Jake to the other side of the rubber and that was it. lol

And Keith Law says the Orioles are screwing Gausman up by moving him to the 3B side of the rubber.....

And Keith Law says the Orioles are screwing Gausman up by moving him to the 3B side of the rubber.....

That seems odd because Buck has gone on record several times about pitching from the edge of the rubber as being gimmicks and nonsense. That said, one of the things the Red Sox did was move Edrod over to the third base side of the rubber and have him use his cutter against RHB (seemed to work ok for awhile) .

Archived