Orioles Willing to Discuss Gausman in Trades

SticksandStones

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We cannot be buyers for any impact players because we have nothing to offer a team in exchange for that kind of player. Gausman would be the only guy I could think of that could headline a deal for an impact player, and we had better not even think about trading Gausman. This team needs to sell, that is plain as day to anybody being objective about this.

Not sure that applies to pitchers.

Too bad Buck doesn't agree. Those are the exact words Buck said about Gausman two years ago.

"A lot depends on maturity," manager Buck Showalter said. "But Friday night pitchers at LSU in front of 10,000 people, he's pitched in a lot of environments. Ability plays. That gives you confidence. The old adage of if they bite as a puppy, they're going to bite as a big dog, it's like I've said many times: Try as you may, you can't screw up the good ones. They're going to seek their level, and we think sooner or later Kevin is going to seek his level. We're hoping sooner.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-05-22/sports/bs-sp-orioles-kevin-gausman-0523-20130522_1_kevin-gausman-double-a-bowie-orioles-clubhouse

The Gausman fans have this nailed. If Gausman is good, the Orioles were idiots for not pitching him more. If Gausman is not good, it's because the Orioles screwed him over. You can't win this one.

Gausman isn't bad but he isn't all that good either. I would deal him in a heartbeat but doubt they get much for him other than a prospect or journeyman player. He is over valued here by many I think.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they will get more than a journeyman player for Gausman.

No one should be untouchable or untradable. If the haul is right, then Gausman should be traded. But this team needs to get younger (yes, I understand that KG is young), better, and more resilient. Core pieces are there. I'm just not sure Gausman is part of that core. Flashes of brilliance. Flashes of intense mediocrity. I'll leave the decision to those better informed than I. Bundy out to be a cautionary tale, however...

Archived