Orioles Willing to Discuss Gausman in Trades

SticksandStones

Who still wants to be in the let's go for it camp?

I do. I think this division is still up for grabs no matter what happens this week. For all our warts, weaknesses and poor play of late, IMO we're better than the Jays, much better than the Rays or Sox, and as good as the Yankees. After this year, even if we get better it could be quite a while until we have another chance at the playoffs that's as good as the one we have this year. I'm not saying it will be, but it could be.

And that's without trading Gausman.

I've seen the Yankees a lot, and they're just not that good. They are winning because of pretty good (but inconsistent) starters, two strong relievers, several old guys (plus Gardner) hitting and hitting with power and not being injured, and plenty of luck. There's a good chance, IMO, that they won't sustain their success.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Gausman fan. But what has he shown that makes anyone believe he will be an ace? Plenty of 24 year old 2 pitch pitchers that throw in the upper 90's. They usually have decent careers as relievers until the velocity goes. If they can get Sale, Hamels, or Price (Only if we can get a window to extend) for Gausman, you'd be crazy not to consider it. Hell, if they could get Price and Cespedes for Gausman, Walker, and say Alvarez id be all over it.

Trading Gausman. Crazy talk. Could we beat St. Louis or LA even if we made it to the World Series? I'm okay with rolling the dice with the chips we have, but trading the future is silly.

Any team can get hot in the playoffs. The Giants and Royals weren't the two best teams last year.

They ran out of arms in 2013 and were trying to make the playoffs.

To me the real mismanagement came when he wasn't in the rotation opening day in 2015.

Wait it was a bad idea to choose bud after having a miserable spring for our "future" (sarcasm)

Archived