Orioles Willing to Discuss Gausman in Trades

SticksandStones

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel bad for Gausman. They jerked him around this year when they should have just had him in the rotation from day 1. It's obvious this organization just cannot draft and develop pitching talent. Wherever Gausman goes, I hope he does well because chances are it won't be here.

I'm ready to trade Gausman. I don't see him developing the third pitch or fastball command to make it as a starter.

Better to trade him now while teams are still unsure if that is the case.

A player like Carlos Gomez would be a steal even he is only signed through next season. I would try to work out a sign and trade deal and even throw the Brewers an additional B prospect if they insisted.

I feel bad for Gausman. They jerked him around this year when they should have just had him in the rotation from day 1. It's obvious this organization just cannot draft and develop pitching talent. Wherever Gausman goes, I hope he does well because chances are it won't be here.

Agreed. Why we should trade for other's prospects instead of getting draft picks off QOs.

Whether we're selling or buying, trading Gausman just doesn't make sense. Right now he's not some prospect for us. He's in our rotation. So if we're buying, you don't do that. And if we're selling you'd be dumb to trade him. Let Gausman pitch every 5th day the rest of the season.

Whether we're selling or buying, trading Gausman just doesn't make sense. Right now he's not some prospect for us. He's in our rotation. So if we're buying, you don't do that. And if we're selling you'd be dumb to trade him. Let Gausman pitch every 5th day the rest of the season.

Trade him in a package for Cueto, Bruce, and another MiL SP.

Being able to get an Outfielder that has had 14 WAR the last 3 years and isn't a rental for Gausman doesn't seem like a bad deal, honestly. Especially since I'm losing more confidence in Gausman everytime I see him pitch.

He's not a rental, but he's gone after next year, right? You're still trading a year and a third of a pretty good outfielder making $8-9M for 4+ years of a minimal salaried, high-upside pitcher. If there's anyone on this team who could be the #1 starter on a future Orioles' playoff team it's Gausman. Gomez helps with the hail mary this year, then after next year then he's gone.

To me the best way to get value out of Gausman is to get him as many innings against good hitters in real games as possible and slot him into the 2016 rotation right now.

He's not a rental, but he's gone after next year, right? You're still trading a year and a third of a pretty good outfielder making $8-9M for 4+ years of a minimal salaried, high-upside pitcher. If there's anyone on this team who could be the #1 starter on a future Orioles' playoff team it's Gausman. Gomez helps with the hail mary this year, then after next year then he's gone.

I'm not necessarily settled on the question, but what's more of a Hail Mary: this season, or a future season in which Gausman's the staff ace (i.e., post-FA exodus, with a mostly-barren MiL system and a FO that's repeatedly, through multiple administrations, proven incapable of building it up)?

Archived