25 Nuggets

o

(POSTED JULY 25th)

o

The Orioles.

(POSTED AUGUST 1st)

I'm glad that he's still here.

(POSTED AUGUST 5th)

Now, I'm REALLY GLAD that he is still here.

Now, I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY glad that he is still here.

And I hope that we find a way to keep him here.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nationals have about 47 million in player salaries coming off the books. Span.Zimmerman,Desmond and Fister.They do have some guys that might get raises in arbitration and they will probably need one more starter.

They also need to start backing up the brinks truck for Bryce Harper... they could make a play but not sold on it.

The memory of Mark Reynolds makes me worry about depending too much on Chris Davis, so I would not offer a huge contract to him - nothing over 14 mil a year and no more than 4 years. The number of strikeouts and the low batting average are not likely going to improve - and the power is already at it's peek. Seeing how easy it is to strike him out often makes me wonder how he manages to get enough pitches to hit to be as productive as he's been - and makes me question the likelihood of that continuing in future years.

If CD gets a sports hernia laughing at the bolded part and we miss the playoffs...I am blaming you :) j/k

So basically your saying you would not bother resigning him. I doubt that anything under 20 million AAV gets you past Scott Boras's executive assistant.

Angelos will screw up once more and Chris Davis will be playing right field next year with the Yankees. This will be a double whammy! In that lineup and that ballpark, notelling how many homers he will hit. Hope Angelos fools everyone but we've seen this before. For God's sake, pay the man and keep him with the Orioles! For once in your life as a major league owner show the fans you care about the future of this

team.

Angelos will screw up once more and Chris Davis will be playing right field next year with the Yankees. This will be a double whammy! In that lineup and that ballpark, notelling how many homers he will hit. Hope Angelos fools everyone but we've seen this before. For God's sake, pay the man and keep him with the Orioles! For once in your life as a major league owner show the fans you care about the future of this

team.

I'm always amazed when a fan can turn a comeback victory and standout performance by a key player into a reason to complain about the owner. Well done. Enjoy the rest of the season.

team.

The Yankees have Arod, Teixeira, Headley, Ellsbury, Gardner and Beltran all signed to $13M+ contacts for 2016. Unless they want to eat Beltran's contract and absorb another $20M+ then I don't see them going after another CI/OF type.

The Yankees will invest in middle infield and pitching before they go after Davis.

• 3 weeks later...

o

(POSTED JULY 25th)

o

The Orioles.

(POSTED AUGUST 1st)

I'm glad that he's still here.

(POSTED AUGUST 5th)

Now, I'm REALLY GLAD that he is still here.

(POSTED AUGUST 15th)

Now, I'm REALLY, REALLY, REALLY glad that he is still here.

And I hope that we find a way to keep him here.

Roy Firestone said that we HAVE TO sign Davis.

So, let's do it.

The fact that he's a good defensive 1st baseman makes it imperative, in my rat's ass of an opinion.

The team that gave up on him?

Who will Prince Fielder and Mitch Moreland be playing for?

The Rangers gave up on Davis? No, this was a pretty fair deal when the trade was made....Anytime trading a reliever for a position player can come back to bite you.

Prince will DH. Moreland will most likely be moved for other chips after his "career" year.

Unless the Orioles step up and make a serious offer to Davis

He will be playing 1B for the Texas Rangers.

Might mean they have to find a suitor for Choo and his $$ (which I've heard they are confident they can). Sounds like they want to be aggressive, but Hamels may have limited the extent to which they need to through out big money for long term deals. Don't forget they have significant talent working through the high minors, as well.

Archived