Potential Landing Spots for Chris Davis

25 Nuggets

Might mean they have to find a suitor for Choo and his $$ (which I've heard they are confident they can). Sounds like they want to be aggressive, but Hamels may have limited the extent to which they need to through out big money for long term deals. Don't forget they have significant talent working through the high minors, as well.

Agree and personally, I think Texas is one of the last spots he will end up.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, if signing Davis to a 6/150 deal is stupid (and I agree that it is), what would be a good deal for both Davis and the O's? Would a 5/110 deal be better, or a 4/90 work? I think I'd be inclined to go for a shorter term deal, but I'm thinking that Davis will get at least 5 years.

So, if signing Davis to a 6/150 deal is stupid (and I agree that it is), what would be a good deal for both Davis and the O's? Would a 5/110 deal be better, or a 4/90 work? I think I'd be inclined to go for a shorter term deal, but I'm thinking that Davis will get at least 5 years.

Any deal I would be comfortable with has no shot of being signed. Davis has a skillset that is already volatile enough that he's only 1 year removed from being basically replacement level and too many similar players were pretty much finished in their early to mid thirties. I agree he's getting at least 5 years, I think 6 is more likely, and 7 is a possibility.

In all likelihood, yes, someone will give Davis 5 years. That shouldn't sound as scary as folks are making it out to be, however. The guy's only 29, and will turn 30 just before next season starts. A five year deal expires after his age 34 season. It's not like you're paying him into the back half of his 30s.

In all likelihood, yes, someone will give Davis 5 years. That shouldn't sound as scary as folks are making it out to be, however. The guy's only 29, and will turn 30 just before next season starts. A five year deal expires after his age 34 season. It's not like you're paying him into the back half of his 30s.

It is scary, if year 4 or 5, Davis turns into Ryan Howard Jr.

It is scary, if year 4 or 5, Davis turns into Ryan Howard Jr.

There aren't many three true outcome types that age well. Too many completely fall on their face in their early 30s. Howard, Dunn, Reynolds, Deer, Branyan, Cust, etc

Of course, Davis also was 28 when he went all 2014 on everyone... so it doesn't have to be age based for him to completely murder the team if he's making 25 million.

There aren't many three true outcome types that age well. Too many completely fall on their face in their early 30s. Howard, Dunn, Reynolds, Deer, Branyan, Cust, etc

Of course, Davis also was 28 when he went all 2014 on everyone... so it doesn't have to be age based for him to completely murder the team if he's making 25 million.

I don't think Davis counts as a TTO guy. Sure he strikes out a ton but most years his BA is acceptable and he doesn't walk that that much comparatively.

I don't think Davis counts as a TTO guy. Sure he strikes out a ton but most years his BA is acceptable and he doesn't walk that that much comparatively.

He's 4th in MLB this season in percentage of PAs resulting in TTO. Last year he was first. The last 3 years he's walked 10-11 percent, which is high especially with the downturn in walks recently. He's hitting .253 for his career and .196 and .253 the last two years. He qualifies for me.

Archived