Potential Landing Spots for Chris Davis

25 Nuggets

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad he's here too. Offseason possibilities: Astros, Red Sox, Mariners, mets, cardinals, and Orioles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really think with him having a solid season, no real competition in the market at first base, a lot of potential suitors and Boras as his agent it is even a possibility he is back? I don't.

It will be areal shame if he isnt

Well, I think people ought to start getting ready for it. I think it's extremely unlikely. Someone is going to grossly overpay, and it won't be the Orioles. Davis is probably looking at a nine figure deal if he continues his current pace.

You really think with him having a solid season, no real competition in the market at first base, a lot of potential suitors and Boras as his agent it is even a possibility he is back? I don't.

Yes, I think it's a possibility. Likely, no. We don't have to give up a pick to get him. There are a lot of SP on the market. It could be that those teams are unable to give out multiple 9 figure contracts.

Yes, I think it's a possibility. Likely, no. We don't have to give up a pick to get him. There are a lot of SP on the market. It could be that those teams are unable to give out multiple 9 figure contracts.

And you believe the Orioles would give out a single nine figure contract for someone not named Machado?

And you believe the Orioles would give out a single nine figure contract for someone not named Machado?

I doubt it. I also didn't believe they'd give $50M for a SP until they did.

It's also not a lock that he'll get $100M. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets it, he deserves it. But the teams that could use him, can they pay him that. Would he be their top priority?

For example, I can't see the Yankees, Rangers, Dodgers, Tigers, or Nationals--teams not afraid to spend, interested in him due to their current roster construction.

A team like the Astros, who need him and can likely afford him, may not want to give him the fifth or sixth year he needs because that's when their core starts to get expensive.

Seattle has big money committed to Cano, Hernandez, Cruz, and Seager. Can they get top heavy with another 9 figure commitment?

Bottom line: I don't expect him to return, but I wouldn't rule it out. He is deserving of a 9 figure deal (relative to his peers), but he may not get it in this market that's flooded with expensive pitching.

220px-The_Angels_1963.JPG

I used to be a rolling stone

You know if the cause was right

I'd leave to find the answer on the road

I used to be a heart beating for someone

But the times have changed

The less I say the more my work gets done

`Cause I live and breathe this Philadelphia freedom

From the day that I was born I've waved the flag

Philadelphia freedom took me knee-high to a man

Yeah gave me peace of mind my daddy never had

Oh Philadelphia freedom shine on me, I love you

Shine a light through the eyes of the ones left behind

Shine a light shine a light

Shine a light won't you shine a light

Philadelphia freedom I love you, yes I do

Once Josh Harrison gets back, Aramis Ramirez will be playing 1B.

1B A. Ram

2B Walker

SS Mercer (when healthy)

3B Harrison (when healthy)

LF Marte

CF McCutchen

RF Polanco

And that doesn't even count Kong who will have to play somewhere. There's no chance the Pirates add another bat.

And Josh Bell.

Not an easy decision for the front office to make, but I think it will hurt us pretty bad to lose Davis. I either want to see us sign Chris or a Cespedes/Upton/Heyward type. We can't stand pat this offseason and this is where our farm being lackluster the past couple years may really show up. Best case to me would be Davis and a Parra type OF. We'll miss Chen & Wieters, but I think we can win without them if we sign Davis..

Well, I think people ought to start getting ready for it. I think it's extremely unlikely. Someone is going to grossly overpay, and it won't be the Orioles. Davis is probably looking at a nine figure deal if he continues his current pace.
Glad he's here too. Offseason possibilities: Astros, Red Sox, Mariners, mets, cardinals, and Orioles.

I doubt the Cardinals get into a bidding war either. The Red Sox, however, are done with Napoli after this season and aren't going to re-sign him. And they aren't shy about spending....grossly.

Unfortunately, I completely agree with you.

I have a baaaaaad feeling he will end up somewhere north of Baltimore in the AL East.

It would truly suck to see him in a Yankees, Red Sox or Blue Jays uniform but these clubs show a willingness to spend money and take chances for the sake of a championship run.

Seeing Davis on an opposing squad 18 times a year would be both disappointing and terrifying.

MSK

Archived