Potential Landing Spots for Chris Davis

25 Nuggets

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ask DD. He's the one that said they made an offer after the 2013 season. Davis admitted they talked. I'm not an insider. I can only go by what I hear or read by the true "experts".
Yeah, me either. I had not heard anything other than that the Orioles had attempted to make an offer twice. I never heard that Boras negotiated.

I'd love to see us re-sign Davis. He is a game-winner and is part of the core of the team (along with Machado, Jones, Hardy etc) we should be building around.

The big difference between last season and this, is psychological in my view. Last year, when there was a chance of a slump there were characters in the clubhouse who prevented panic and 'chasing' - Markakis, Cruz, Young are three that strike me like that. It wasn't a surprise that when we do hit a few decent balls everyone relaxes and then we look like a powerhouse of a team. It's fragile though, so that a couple of games without heavy scoring can see us back in a slump...this is the thing that has been happening all year, and we all moan about ability but it's more a case of mental strength and approach.

So next year we need to do everything we can to maintain the core, and supplement with players who bring that psychologically calming influence to the clubhouse - even if their numbers are not quite stellar.

If the front office can manage the above, then any additional expenditure needs to be in starting pitching. This club is crying out for a genuine ace IMO...which would, I think, set a benchmark for the other SPs. Something we don't really have at the moment resulting in streaky performances from the rotation.

So, re-sign Davis. Supplement with modest options but with the right mental approach and calming personality. And bring in an ace of the staff. Probably too big an ask but hey.

I asked, when did Chris Davis negotiate. Not when did the Orioles Make him an offer. I was just wondering.

I answered. The end of 2013. DD making an offer and Davis admitting they talked. Seems like a negotiation to me. Obvious it went nowhere. Hey, this teams FO has beat me down. I'm not expecting much this offseason. This team has been a losing franchise over half my life. The last 3-4 years have been an amazing ride. But the realist inside says it's short lived and is coming to an abrupt end. They wasted a real shot at what could be a once in a lifetime occurrence. Saying that, I don't expect them to keep Davis or Chen. I expect O'Day to be signed. He will cost the least and in their eyes will save face. That's the way this team operates. And it will get old quicker for fans this time. Especially after the tease we just had. Just my honest feelings. The thought of repeating 14 years of suffering is sickening.

I'd love to see us re-sign Davis. He is a game-winner and is part of the core of the team (along with Machado, Jones, Hardy etc) we should be building around.

The big difference between last season and this, is psychological in my view. Last year, when there was a chance of a slump there were characters in the clubhouse who prevented panic and 'chasing' - Markakis, Cruz, Young are three that strike me like that. It wasn't a surprise that when we do hit a few decent balls everyone relaxes and then we look like a powerhouse of a team. It's fragile though, so that a couple of games without heavy scoring can see us back in a slump...this is the thing that has been happening all year, and we all moan about ability but it's more a case of mental strength and approach.

So next year we need to do everything we can to maintain the core, and supplement with players who bring that psychologically calming influence to the clubhouse - even if their numbers are not quite stellar.

If the front office can manage the above, then any additional expenditure needs to be in starting pitching. This club is crying out for a genuine ace IMO...which would, I think, set a benchmark for the other SPs. Something we don't really have at the moment resulting in streaky performances from the rotation.

So, re-sign Davis. Supplement with modest options but with the right mental approach and calming personality. And bring in an ace of the staff. Probably too big an ask but hey.

Good to see you here. I like this post. Thanks for contributing.

I answered. The end of 2013. DD making an offer and Davis admitting they talked. Seems like a negotiation to me.

To me that was just an overture. Probably a matter of semantics. Now I did hear of a response when Boras was approached on Witers. Sothat sounds more of a negotiation. I was of the impression that Boras said, "we'll test the market" when offered a deal for Davis and "Mauer" when asked about Wieters.

Good post. If the Orioles could resign Davis and Parra, trade for Josh Reddick that would solidify the OF. Go all in for Price. Then I remember who owns the team. This offseason will be like that build up to Christmas, then opening the boxes to find clothes.

To me that was just an overture. Probably a matter of semantics. Now I did hear of a response when Boras was approached on Witers. Sothat sounds more of a negotiation. I was of the impression that Boras said, "we'll test the market" when offered a deal for Davis and "Mauer" when asked about Wieters.

Maybe. What stinks is I'm not sure they will even get a pick for Wieters. He may take it to try and rebuild his status. What better place then OPACY to do that.

But the realist inside says it's short lived and is coming to an abrupt end.

Not to hi-jack this, and perhaps you want to respond elsewhere or on PM, but you and I get along well. I just want to know your thoughts. Does it make for a better life to be a "realist?" Does it really matter even at all in the scheme of thing?

Back on track. I believe that the sustained run of good and progressively better teams may be at a brief end.I do believe the entire organization from VERY top to absolute bottom has been revamped and made much closer to world class the the buffoonery we saw in your youth.

Not to hi-jack this, and perhaps you want to respond elsewhere or on PM, but you and I get along well. I just want to know your thoughts. Does it make for a better life to be a "realist?" Does it really matter even at all in the scheme of thing?

Back on track. I believe that the sustained run of good and progressively better teams may be at a brief end.I do believe the entire organization from VERY top to absolute bottom has been revamped and made much closer to world class the the buffoonery we saw in your youth.

In my personal life, I find being a realist has allowed me to achieve my goals. I never went beyond my means to have materialistic things. But, when it comes to being an Orioles fan, being a realist sucks. At least being an optimist, you can dream up until ST. I agree the FO has been revamped. And by mostly luck in my opinion, wound up with something. But unfortunately, the owners name is still Peter Angelos.

In my personal life, I find being a realist has allowed me to achieve my goals. I never went beyond my means to have materialistic things. But, when it comes to being an Orioles fan, being a realist sucks. At least being an optimist, you can dream up until ST. I agree the FO has been revamped. And by mostly luck in my opinion, wound up with something. But unfortunately, the owners name is still Peter Angelos.
And I still have dreams of Kevin Plank coming in and buying the Orioles.

I have no expectation of an Orioles sale in our lifetimes. I think Chris Davis will have multiple landing spots, some of which may be in the AL East.

I have found that setting goals realistically means you never achieve the 95 percentile. Because to do so would have required unrealistic intent.

Archived