Potential August Trades

orioles4lyfe

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could SD move Upton once they realize they are actually out of it? Maybe Marlon Byrd.

Upton would clear waivers? Then they lose the draft choice that they got. Somehow that would make less sense than completely screwing up his rookie GM year did.

I think Delmon is better than Nolan.

I think I agree with you on that one. I don't think Nolan has the "hit" tool anymore. He can work the count, but it doesn't really mean anything when he can't drive the ball when he is ahead. He's just a non threat. But right now on this roster I'd rather keep Nolan and get rid of Snider. The only reason it seems like he is on the team is because he is under control for 2016. I don't want him on the team in 2016 either.

Some realistic names we should kick the tires on

Delmon Young

Napoli

Koji

Jeff Samardziga

Jaso

Rajai Davis

Danny Valencia

Josh Reddick

Ike Davis

Trumbo

Cruz ( I wish)

National League

Dan Haren

Cargo

Upton

Adam Lind

I think I agree with you on that one. I don't think Nolan has the "hit" tool anymore. He can work the count, but it doesn't really mean anything when he can't drive the ball when he is ahead. He's just a non threat. But right now on this roster I'd rather keep Nolan and get rid of Snider. The only reason it seems like he is on the team is because he is under control for 2016. I don't want him on the team in 2016 either.

Delmon Young

Napoli

Koji

Jeff Samardziga

Jaso

Rajai Davis

Danny Valencia

Josh Reddick

Ike Davis

Trumbo

Cruz ( I wish)

National League

Dan Haren

Cargo

Upton

Adam Lind

Explain to me how Valencia is available? Or Upton. Or Reddick.

Delmon Young

Napoli

Koji

Jeff Samardziga

Jaso

Rajai Davis

Danny Valencia

Josh Reddick

Ike Davis

Trumbo

Cruz ( I wish)

National League

Dan Haren

Cargo

Upton

Adam Lind

Adam Lind might be a good target if he clears waivers. Hopefully, Pearce hits like last year once he returns. That'd be a huge boost.

A guy from Sports Illustraded was spit-balling in an article yesterday and suggested the Rockies should trade Jose Reyes for JJ Hardy straight up:

"One fascinating proposition would be a straight-up trade for the Orioles' J.J. Hardy, who has hit just .237/.267/.344 this season. Hardy, who turns 33 on Aug. 19, is ten months older than Reyes and also under contract for two more years, but has just $28.5 million left on his deal after this season. A straight-up trade with no money changing hands would save Colorado $19.5 million and could provide a boost to Baltimore's lineup as the O's battle for the AL wild card."

http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/08/03/waiver-trade-deadline-best-players-available-jose-reyes-james-shields

I wonder if the Astros could actually want Bud for a few starts while they are saving McCullers's and Velasquez's bullets for later. They'd only have to view him as an upgrade on Straily in the 6th starter role, and he could have some nostalgia value for the org.

If it gets to the point he's available for the minimum, I guess the Marlins might have a role for him.

Assuming he's gotten over whatever illness he referred to on social media, of course.

Archived