Potential August Trades

orioles4lyfe

I wonder if the Astros could actually want Bud for a few starts while they are saving McCullers's and Velasquez's bullets for later. They'd only have to view him as an upgrade on Straily in the 6th starter role, and he could have some nostalgia value for the org.

If it gets to the point he's available for the minimum, I guess the Marlins might have a role for him.

Assuming he's gotten over whatever illness he referred to on social media, of course.

Straily is a much better option than Norris at this point. Norris might sit out the rest of the year.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if the Astros could actually want Bud for a few starts while they are saving McCullers's and Velasquez's bullets for later. They'd only have to view him as an upgrade on Straily in the 6th starter role, and he could have some nostalgia value for the org.

If it gets to the point he's available for the minimum, I guess the Marlins might have a role for him.

Assuming he's gotten over whatever illness he referred to on social media, of course.

I wonder if we get anything for Veal Parm or Bud? I would be shocked if we didn't get anything for Bud Norris.

Straily is a much better option than Norris at this point. Norris might sit out the rest of the year.

I wonder if we get anything for Veal Parm or Bud? I would be shocked if we didn't get anything for Bud Norris.

I'm surprised, but since Delmon chose that route, I would not be surprised to see Norris stick to his "unrecovered" story and have workouts be his FA pathway.

I'm surprised, but since Delmon chose that route, I would not be surprised to see Norris stick to his "unrecovered" story and have workouts be his FA pathway.

If Norris is recovered though, might make sense to latch on somewhere and build his value back up a little bit before heading into FA.

Rajai Davis is a guy I'd want simply because I think he's realistic. Like De Aza last year. He could bat 9th and play LF. Parra moves over to RF and Davis goes back to 1b. Question is whether or not he's a big enough upgrade over Lough (probably) to warrant giving something up to get him. Debatable.

Pass on the mediocre aging veterans available. A player I'd target is Louis Brinson of Texas. They have 2 great OF prospects rated ahead of him. He wasn't thought of a special talent until this season - when his SO rate came under control. He's already in AA, so he could be ready by mid season 2016. Trade Harvey or Bundy for him.

Pass on the mediocre aging veterans available. A player I'd target is Louis Brinson of Texas. They have 2 great OF prospects rated ahead of him. He wasn't thought of a special talent until this season - when his SO rate came under control. He's already in AA, so he could be ready by mid season 2016. Trade Harvey or Bundy for him.

Those arent usually trades done in August.

I've never seen anything like that trade happen in August. Has anyone?

This is the grossest thing I've read all week. On several levels, but mainly in that the writer is somehow insinuating that Reyes even approaches Hardy's caliber as a player of the game of baseball.

agreed...Reyes is not the offensive player he was when he signed his big FA deal with MIA. Overall, it just doesn't make sense for the O's. Slightly better bat, lesser defense and more money...and it's not a position of need!

We're still a corner bat short. Reimold and snider just aren't cutting it. Flaherty was given a nice stretch of at bats. Snider just can't hit mlb pitching. 3 fastballs blown by him tonight in fastball counts. I'd really like to see walker/Alvarez/mancini be given a chance. Flaherty could get optioned down. We have emergency options to fill middle infield to finish a game if need be.

Archived