The "other side" to how AM handled this offseason

Sports Guy

But whenever anyone disagrees with you, you insult them and then add them to your ignore list. If you didn't act like a 3-year old every time someone disagreed with you, everyone would respect you a great deal more. It's a shame someone who obviously knows baseball and could be a great contributor can't be debated with.

Seriously, you look foolish here..This isn't even remotely true...I have 2 people on my ignore list.

SG, the guy's trying to tell you something useful. He basically said that he values your opinion, and pointed out that it would be better for everybody if you didn't act like a brat and insult people when they don't buy what you're selling. So, what do you do? You insult him. Jeez.

He doesn't look foolish. He's only been here since November, and he's already got your number. If you'd just listen to what people try to tell you, there could be more discussion of baseball and less discussion of SG's behavior problems. When my son acted like you do, we'd make him go to his room until he was ready to act right. It started when he was 12, and by the time he was 14, he was pretty much over it. When are you gonna get over it? Ever?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a radical suggestion. Why don't we center the discussion of the opening post on its merits, or lack thereof, and stay away from the sidebar on Sports Guy's approach? Moreover, if people want to have the latter discussion why not take it offline or if one just can't help themselves, start a topic in the rants forum? The insult contests are very tedious to read, IMO.

Rather than giving him a score I'd prefer to see how things shake loose and grade him as incomplete, for now.

That's reasonable. But it's kinda iffy to give him Incomplete about the stuff that looks good, but a negative because you think the Cubbies thing has gone on too long. We don't really know how much actual time he's spent on it. For all we know, he told them what he wants and just left the door open if they wanna do it. All the noise about it is coming from other people, not him. All we know for sure is that he's got scouts watching their guys. Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

Sorry that it came across as personal, when it was really more of a commentary about some of the sentiments on the board.

Not a problem...

I am sure that it has been stated in this thread already but I will state the obvious.

The only thing that upsets me so far is the fact that we did not get a young IF prospect back in any of the deals completed so far.

Would you rather get a lesser prospect who plays the infield or a better prospect who pitches or plays the OF?

Yes, I'd love to start talking baseball now. What are your thoughts on Hube's defense in LF?

Haven't seen him..Don't know...I would want him as a DH/1b...If he can play in the OF, even better.

The Pads seem to think he can.

Hey RZNJ...Is Huber still worth as much as Olson? :D;)

Rather than giving him a score I'd prefer to see how things shake loose and grade him as incomplete, for now.

Is there a checklist of things wrong with this Organization / Team that we can objectively evaluate how AM is doing? I certainly can't provide the complete laundry list of things screwed up over the last 10 years, but some of the things he appears to be doing or have done that are/were on the list are:

Better International scouting in Latin America and Asia

An organizational philisophy that is established and followed from top to bottom

Moving players that have value to obtain high ceiling players with which to help us build a team that can compete down the road

Taking the steering wheel of this organization away from PA.. as much as anyone could expect...

Bringing Oriole favorites / HOF'ers back into the limelight of the team and it's fan base

Consolidate the Major League and Minor League Spring Training Sites

These items are examples of the direction this organization is moving.. and for the first time in a decade, it is moving in the right direction. Other than a player deal here or there that have yet to completely play themselves out, I'm not sure what your beef is, but I'm listening.

Why am I not surprised that the rebuilding effort is already being questioned? How AM is suppose to undo ten years of losing and a pathetic roster for a brand new team in one offseason is beyond rational thinking.

Can you imagine being the fan of a team that gave up a middle infield prospect with value for Payton or Millar? I'm certain the response would be very negative.

Give AM a break, he is trying to polish a turd and it's going to take some freaking time.

Highly unlikely doesn't seem like a resolution to me," said Roberts
Source - The Sun

He says, he wants a resolution,

well you know.

We'd all love to fix the team

He says he wants a resolution

Well, you know

We all want to fix the team

You tell me it's the right solution

I don't know

We all want to fix the team

But when you talk about the Cubbies

By now we should just count them out

Don't you know it's gonna be

not right, not right, not right

Huber was dealt for as PTBNL...Could probably list at least 20 guys that were comparable to what the Pads gave up.

Not sure about Millar...Would have look at everyone...Texas was interested earlier in the offseason.

Perhaps the Yankees as well?

Millar wouldn't be too difficult to move, especially if you were willing to eat a million or so of his salary.

Both Millar and Payton are free agents after this year. Who cares if we don't trade them? They will be gone after this year.

Who would you rather have right now:

Murton and Huber or Millar and Payton?

If Millar and Payton can be traded for Hub and Murton, then I would rather have those two. But i have heard nothin of the sort, so my awnser is neither. We have Reimold, Scott, Moore, and dare say, Gibbons if Payton is traded. Outfield is pretty set right now.

Who would you rather have right now:

Murton and Huber or Millar and Payton?

When Millar and Payton finally exit, if what we get in return is less than a DH in Huber, and Murton, then you'll have my support.. until then it's premature complaining...

When Millar and Payton finally exit, if what we get in return is less than a DH in Huber, and Murton, then you'll have my support.. until then it's premature complaining...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You guys just don't get it...I don't know how many times I can explain myself.

Archived