vs. ATHLETICS, 8/15

OFFNY

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck says lots of stuff.

A guy could make a good living parsing it.

Here's the quote:

Showalter said: "We like Zach Davies but we think we have some pitchers better than him in our system, ahead of him. What do you think about the movement on his fastball? He's probably going to pitch in the big leagues, I don't know if he'll be impactful. But Mr. Parra has a chance to play for us for the next seven or eight years."

From Melewski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jays BP has even been rocking it. That isn't good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Their BP actually has pretty good peripherals. They're not too bad. But their pitching as a whole lately have been helped in large part due to an extremely low BABIP and HR/FB%. Buehrle, Dickey, and Estrada are all way out performing their peripheals as well. There's a lot of room for regression there.

Here's the quote:

Showalter said: "We like Zach Davies but we think we have some pitchers better than him in our system, ahead of him. What do you think about the movement on his fastball? He's probably going to pitch in the big leagues, I don't know if he'll be impactful. But Mr. Parra has a chance to play for us for the next seven or eight years."

From Melewski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see him maybe getting a three year deal.

Talking about him playing for the O's until his age 35 season is ludicrous.

Buck went with a long time frame since that is how long Davies will be under team control.

Archived