vs. ATHLETICS, 8/15

OFFNY

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why in the world would they pitch to him there? LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He didn't really pitch to him - that was a decent pitch, low and away. I don't know how Davis hit that thing over the right-center field wall. What a beast.

He didn't really pitch to him - that was a decent pitch, low and away. I don't know how Davis hit that thing over the right-center field wall. What a beast.

It was definitely below the knees and I believe outside. I mean it looked like a routine pop out to center off the bat to me. Just mind-blowing.

anytime he wants

Not true. He has to announce which way he is going to pitch to a batter and stay that way for the batter. So he can't mess with a switch hitter by changing mid AB, or pitch LH to hold a runner on 1st and go righty after he steals.

Why in the world would they pitch to him there? LOL

The closest pitch was 2 inches off the plate. I don't know if this really qualifies as "pitching to" someone. Do you give him the Bonds treatment and IBB him with the bases empty?

numlocation.php-pitchSel=519381&game=gid_2015_08_15_oakmlb_balmlb_1&batterX=65&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=3&league=mlb&pnf=&zlpo=&cache=1.gif

They are doing the wave in the 9th inning of a 3-3 game. Awful

We were saying the same thing at the park last night. thats the problem with big crowds like that. You get a lot of casual fans who think the wave is part of their experience.

Archived