Worst fans that visit Camden Yards

MDtransplant757

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite frankly, the worse fans I've seen in in Baltimore were Baltimore fans. When fans boo players on their own team during Opening Day introductions, they should have little to say about other team's fans. I have been treated well in many parks wearing Oriole garb including Fenway and Yankee Stadium. I've also seen the majority of Bosox and Yankee fans getting along and having fun at Camden. Every city has their jerks.

Where I live, everyone is a Nats fan, and they constantly bring up how the Nats are gonna one up the O's, how they'll win the world series, and all that stuff, and at the end of every year, my smile is a mile wide and those same people are giving me ugly looks or wearing "their dad's oriole gear."

Lol. Kinda like that marlins fan who sat behind home plate during the world series last year.

I remember him. :P Still, gotta respect wearing your colors in enemy territory. Saw maybe a dozen A's fans last night, all in twos. :gallden:

You're in Texas, don't know when you've been to the Yard.

Back in the Dark Years, it was BAD at the Yard for Yanks and Sox games. I refused to go to either. It was embarrassing.

Scott, don't say that.

That's when the team needs us the most, when the chips are down.

You're in Texas, don't know when you've been to the Yard.

Back in the Dark Years, it was BAD at the Yard for Yanks and Sox games. I refused to go to either. It was embarrassing.

Scott, don't say that.

That's when the team needs us the most, when the chips are down.

Just saying. Back then they outnumbered us. Thank God it's turned around.

I went to a lot of Orioles-Yankees and Orioles-Red Sox games between 2005 and 2010.

It was usually about 55% Orioles fans, and 45% Yankee/Red Sox fans.

45% of 35,000 people can be very loud when their team is rallying, and makes it seem like the O's fans were outnumbered, but we actually had just a over half of the crowd rooting for the orange and black. In September, occasionally the split would be the opposite (55% Yankee/Red Sox fans compared to 45% Oriole fans.)

Also, in late September of 2012 when the Red Sox were in last place, I had a lot of respect for the Red Sox fans that DID show up when THEIR TEAM was in last place. They took some razzing from Oriole fans. It was a shame that those fans that were NOT front-runners that disappeared when their team nosedived were left holding the bag/holding the fort for the numerous creeps that did.

I've only been to one baseball game that wasn't at Camden Yards, and that was at Nationals Park last season to watch the Nats take on the Marlins (it was a 'free' day at Thanksgiving when the O's weren't playing), and I wore my O's hat, if it helps. I didn't get my head kicked in, but I did come away thinking that many Nat's fans are a bit rude and standoffish... :)

As for OPACY....well, going to football (soccer) games mostly which are segregated crowds, I enjoy watching games with fans of my own team although I've been to Rugby and Cricket games with no segregation and really hate wanting to wildly celebrate something only to have half the row supporting the other side. Same at O's games. I don't like large numbers of away fans infiltrating the home stands. I wouldn't be off-hand with them or anything, but I'd rather support my club from within a group of 'my own'. Creates a far better atmosphere.

So my answer would be 'all of the above' as to the worst fans. Especially any who buy a seat in prime TV-view. :)

Archived