Has Buck lost control of the clubhouse (and his senses)?

webbrick2010

For all the talk of his stress of defense and fundamentals, the team has had a festering goo of mental mistakes all year, and his decision making in close games has been abysmal. And none of the problems seem to get corrected.

Throwing to the wrong bases

Missing the cutoff man (Hello Mr. Parra)

A total inability to hit behind the runner and advance a player from second to third

Manny and his 10 throwning errors because he continues to like to showboat and pose for the cameras on every easy routine groundball.

Pitchers repeatedly failing to cover first base (Hello Mr. Britton)

Hitters bunting on their own, in situations that they should not be bunting (De Aza, Parmalee, Schoop, Parra), and it just keeps happening

and today, pinch hitting Matt Wieters (excuse me is he a good hitter) for your only healthy SS when you already have the lead.

Pinch running for Hardy with 2 outs and Adam (yep I'm going to tense up and swing at a pitch that bounces on the plate) in a clutch situation Jones.

Leaving noodle arm Henry Urritia in left field for the 9th inning and watching a runner score from second on a throw from just behind SS. Meanwhile Riemold and his plus arm are on the bench. And in what universe is Urritia in anyway a better player than Riemold?

and then in the fateful last inning with Matusz pitching against RH hitters not putting Schoop at 3B and Paredes at second.

This is easy stuff Buck

Perhaps he has been in the sun for too long

and why oh why wasn't Hardy DL'ed a week ago. Why are we fighting to keep perhaps the worst hitter in the major leagues on the 25 man roster?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buck was outmanaged this series, I agree. But I don't agree with putting Schoop at 3B.

The poor management was PH'ing Wieters for Flaherty when you have a SS holding on by a thread. And then putting him in to PH? Even more unforgiveable. Poor management was playing the infield in up 3-2 at home.

I'm glad to see you weren't too busy today to post something value added. I mean you were swamped with work when we swept the A's, but you found some time today.

BTW, fewest errors and highest fielding percentage in the league going into today's game.

People who get joy only from criticizing others make me sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah whatever, I can see that you have no emotional involvement with the team. Whatever happens happens.

Well I suppose you are the good fan that will still be patting DD & Buck and their succecesors on the back for all their fine effort for the next decade of losing.

Sorry I get upset and expect them to not get swept by a clearly (talent wise) inferior team because of a lack of fundamentals and a manager that set up his team to lose.

Managers can't win you games, but they surely can lose'em. I would not be opposed to seeing Buck S being moved to the GM position and getting a young up-and-coming manager with good X's and O's skills and an ability to connect with today's players.

Managers can't win you games, but they surely can lose'em. I would not be opposed to seeing Buck S being moved to the GM position and getting a young up-and-coming manager with good X's and O's skills and an ability to connect with today's players.

(Think Jon Harbaugh and what he has done for the Ravens.)

Buck was outmanaged this series, I agree. But I don't agree with putting Schoop at 3B.

The poor management was PH'ing Wieters for Flaherty when you have a SS holding on by a thread. And then putting him in to PH? Even more unforgiveable. Poor management was playing the infield in up 3-2 at home.

Really, where does you slow pitch softball team play their stud OF'er against an all RH hitting team?

when was the last time that Parades even put on a glove.

It was inexcusable to put him at 3B.

Would have made more sense to play Davis there.

But it would have taken thinking out of the box

it would have taken going all out to win.

Really, where does you slow pitch softball team play their stud OF'er against an all RH hitting team?

when was the last time that Parades even put on a glove.

It was inexcusable to put him at 3B.

Would have made more sense to play Davis there.

But it would have taken thinking out of the box

it would have taken going all out to win.

Because then you're playing 2 infielders out of position plus Paredes...so really 3 out of position. Do you want to do that?

His offense mustered 10 runs at home in a 4 game series against a team that just got bent over by the Yankees for the 14th straight year. I don't care how much a manager messes up.....the offense needs to earn its damn paycheck.

That makes a lot more sense than the "Buck lost the game" comments. Adam Jones gets a base hit, Paredes scores, the Orioles win and Buck gets an "atta boy".

In defense of Buck S, it's not like the Orioles offense could score again after that. The best opportunity was to PR for Hardy.

The best opportunity was not to put Hardy in the game in the first place. He isn't a game changer from an offensive standpoint. Especially when he's injured. So PH'ing Flaherty for Wieters is a dubious move at best.

The best opportunity was not to put Hardy in the game in the first place. He isn't a game changer from an offensive standpoint. Especially when he's injured. So PH'ing Flaherty for Wieters is a dubious move at best.

That was the only questionable decision by Buck this series.....but it was a gigantic one I think. PHing for Flash started a cascade of nothing good. All for Matt's on fire bat? Plus, you need a healthy JJ. He needs a week off, but won't get it. The least you can do is give him a day off.

Yeah whatever, I can see that you have no emotional involvement with the team. Whatever happens happens.

Well I suppose you are the good fan that will still be patting DD & Buck and their succecesors on the back for all their fine effort for the next decade of losing.

Sorry I get upset and expect them to not get swept by a clearly (talent wise) inferior team because of a lack of fundamentals and a manager that set up his team to lose.

For someone that is emotionally involved, you only express negative emotions. Are you ever happy?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

For someone that is emotionally involved, you only express negative emotions. Are you ever happy?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I was pretty happy in 2014. I think they would have won it all with Manny and CD on the playoff roster. But I think the morale and spirit of this team was crushed in the offseason by DD and his I wanta be in Toronto song and dance. They lost two key players and added absolutely nothing. I think a lot of us have been pretty negative ever since.

Archived