Should we trade Britton in the offseason?

sportsfan8703

I'm sure you didn't mean to come off that way but you often times come off as a know it all. With your status as an admin its very hard for people to respond to without the fear of getting banned.

I don't think trading Britton is any kind of white flag moment. We wouldn't be dealing him for prospect we would be moving him for pieces we need right now. I hate to break it to you but if we don't have good starting pitching the idea of a closer is sorta silly.

I think the biggest mistake is not extending our players before their walk year. In Cruz's case they could've extended him around the break and I bet he would've stayed for less than he got.

As far as your post directed toward Weams ...you are very new to be challenging him. He and I do not always see eye to eye, especially on the subject of Angelos. But he is very likely in the know around here.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure you didn't mean to come off that way but you often times come off as a know it all. With your status as an admin its very hard for people to respond to without the fear of getting banned.

I don't think trading Britton is any kind of white flag moment. We wouldn't be dealing him for prospect we would be moving him for pieces we need right now. I hate to break it to you but if we don't have good starting pitching the idea of a closer is sorta silly.

As long as you are polite with me, as you should be with all posters, you have nothing to fear. Unless there is something else at play with the specific poster. And I really don't know you well enough to know if you would know whether I am a know it all, or just someone who defends using facts in an argument. And discussion of all moderation is going to be held in PM. Not on the open board. People pretend they have been moderated and have not or if they even have been, it is for completely different reasons than they state in a thread.

Yes he is.

You can't trade once the playoffs start can you? Thats why I thought it was understood he meant during the off-season.

i.e. Since the Mets blew it during the playoffs in 2015 the Mets would be willing trade partners during the off season

:noidea:

You can't trade once the playoffs start can you? Thats why I thought it was understood he meant during the off-season.

i.e. Since the Mets blew it during the playoffs in 2015 the Mets would be willing trade partners during the off season

You can trade until end of the regular season. But anyone acquired after 8/31 cant be included on the playoff roster.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I probably misunderstood him. I've been known to.

This exactly. I think the team needs a total rebuild at this point, I just don't think the current leadership is smart enough to do it and do it right. I have been on this bandwagon for at least two years, but some on here just mocked the thought. You cannot sit on the fence. You are either a Championship level team, which we are not, or you are building up to be one. Dan Duquette has done this team, this City and the Fans a huge disservice.

I agree about needing a fairly thorough rebuild, but you lost me when you implied that DD and company can't handle it. They have a budget and someone to report to as does anyone else. Almost every penny he has added in contract has had to come at the expense of current payroll. Peter Angelos and his family still have the ultimate control.

I agree about needing a fairly thorough rebuild, but you lost me when you implied that DD and company can't handle it. They have a budget and someone to report to as does anyone else. Almost every penny he has added in contract has had to come at the expense of current payroll. Peter Angelos and his family still have the ultimate control.

I agree. DD has been in buy mode to try and compete (within the organization's constraints) the last three years. We haven't seen what he can do in rebuild mode. (Although he did make the Koji trade at the end of 2011).

Realistically what kind of trade market would Britton have? Would we trade him inside the division? Just looking at the standings and teams that are close, I'd think the Jays, Dodgers, Mets, Red sox would be interested. With possibly the Astros, Cubs, and Rangers looking for that last upgrade to chase a WS.

Trading Britton wouldn't be rebuilding or waiving the white flag. It would be resource allocation. Not only in terms of money but in terms of talent. Right now we're one of three teams in baseball (#5) with a top 10 bullpen and not in a playoff spot. The other two are the dodgers and indians. So if we could trade our stud closer to improve the SP or everyday lineup, maybe we wouldn't have to rely on the pen so much.

I would hold onto Britton for next season as he's not a question mark, and if we want to rebuild quickly, we need to keep our returning stable guys for next year. After that, though, indeed look to trade him. If he repeats his performance again he will start getting prohibitively expensive.

Archived