Should we trade Britton in the offseason?

sportsfan8703

Condescending reply number 2 towards me. I can take it. But when I give back I get put on probation. We're obviously still talking about trading him in the offseason. I was naming the mets as an example of a team that might overpay for him if they blow a bunch of leads down the stretch.

I never put you on probation. I was disagreeing with you. If that in condescending in your brain so be it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Condescending reply number 2 towards me. I can take it. But when I give back I get put on probation. We're obviously still talking about trading him in the offseason. I was naming the mets as an example of a team that might overpay for him if they blow a bunch of leads down the stretch.

And if I misinterpreted you as meaning some time in the future, my mistake. There was NO condescension. So you guys can get off that ride.

I am ok with these comments. You have a right to this theory. I think you overvalue what you could get back.

You might be right and I certainly would not trade him for peanuts or just for the sake of doing so. I would certainly explore the possibility though

No he isnt. Because the next part you didnt highlight excludes that idea.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I pointed out how you were wrong when you jumped in. That doesn't require that I discuss the totality with you. How about you an I agree not to get into to this here.

You dont seem to be letting it go so why should I?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I pointed out how you were wrong when you jumped in. That doesn't require that I discuss the totality with you. How about you an I agree not to get into to this here.

We are done. Right now.

Trade them all. Trade one, trade all.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm. Here's the thing Weams....either the Orioles are going to make a real effort to sign or extend the core or they should sell. Nothing I've seen convinces me that ownership and by extension management will sign these guys when they hit free agency. Maybe it's time to rebuild? The Os blew it when they let Cruz walk and failed to adequately replace Markakis.

I was not being condescending. Sorry if I came off that way. I might be silly with my theory, but certainly not childish. I just figure you trade Zach, you might as well trade the rest of the guys on big contracts that are under control for three years or less. I guess you could keep Schoop. And I never said you were stupid. Ever.

I'm sure you didn't mean to come off that way but you often times come off as a know it all. With your status as an admin its very hard for people to respond to without the fear of getting banned.

I don't think trading Britton is any kind of white flag moment. We wouldn't be dealing him for prospect we would be moving him for pieces we need right now. I hate to break it to you but if we don't have good starting pitching the idea of a closer is sorta silly.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm. Here's the thing Weams....either the Orioles are going to make a real effort to sign or extend the core or they should sell. Nothing I've seen convinces me that ownership and by extension management will sign these guys when they hit free agency. Maybe it's time to rebuild? The Os blew it when they let Cruz walk and failed to adequately replace Markakis.

This exactly. I think the team needs a total rebuild at this point, I just don't think the current leadership is smart enough to do it and do it right. I have been on this bandwagon for at least two years, but some on here just mocked the thought. You cannot sit on the fence. You are either a Championship level team, which we are not, or you are building up to be one. Dan Duquette has done this team, this City and the Fans a huge disservice.

Archived