From 1st to worst is a real possibility. Never would have believed we could fall so quickly.

BamaOsFan

We always walked a razors edge. We seemed to always outperform our metrics, and got a ton of production from players that people didn't expect to get that level of production from. None of that happened this season, but it doesn't surprise me really. Maybe a fall to this extent, but I still thought we needed a lot of luck coming into the year. And we need to find a magic lamp or catch a leprechaun going forward.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last off-season was the test. They got to the ALCS, and instead of filling in the gaps to get better, they shed expensive players for cheaper alternatives.

The team failed the test. Instead of going for the win, they went for buck.

They got arrogant, and thought their dumpster finds would keep turning into roses. This year that has not happened and it has been a big DFA parade.

That doesn't mean anything! The higher payroll was due in large part to players getting raises through arbitration etc. It had absolutely nothing to do with the Orioles bringing in the players necessary to fill holes and make the team better.

:agree: I know some won't take off the orange colored glasses, but we tried to catch lightning in a bottle, 2 years in a row.....it bit us in the @$$.

Watching this team is no longer fun. It is painful. Really painful. I am at a loss for words. We all know they are better than this, just in disbelief.
I was scheduled to go to Monday's game. But I'm leaving for a trip to Michigan to visit family. So I decided not to go so I could continue to get ready for my trip.

I watched the game on TV: I am so glad that I didn't go. It was truly painful to watch. :(

Watching this team is no longer fun. It is painful. Really painful. I am at a loss for words. We all know they are better than this, just in disbelief.

Do what I do and don't watch. The players have clearly given up and the front office isn't committed enough to winning. There are better things to do than watch this team play lifeless baseball in September

Without even looking it up, I'd guess that opening day salary figures were higher in 2015 than in 2014. So yeah, your buck comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so why aren't we better if we have better players. High payroll = better players? What did we get for the Cruz-Markakis money?

Archived