From 1st to worst is a real possibility. Never would have believed we could fall so quickly.

BamaOsFan

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we really are heading into a true re-build, then we should trade Jones, Schoop and Machado this off season. Could you imagine the haul we could get for them? Combine that with picks for Davis and Wieters? Our farm system could be stacked in 2016 and 2017.....2018 we are right back in the race.

I think it is some type of corner outfield curse. Parra was hitting till the curse of the outfield. .239 BA and .276 .OBP. as an Oriole. Some demons need to be exorcised.

This might be from the bible about Parades outfield play.

“And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.”

!st to worst is only possible when you dont wanna pay to keep talent like Cruz.

I said in mid Summer(maybe June) that us and the Red Sox would be fighting for last place.

And so we are. Pathetic.

Maybe we can trade Jones and Britton to Seattle for him! That would turn us around!

When Angelos is the owner you always have the chance of going 1st to worst.

Time for a long string of losing seasons. next year will be worse.

Then we need to do it cheaply....dump Ubaldo, Jones and Machado...I'd rather be in last with a low payroll. Let's go real cheap the next 5 years.....only minimum wage players.

!st to worst is only possible when you dont wanna pay to keep talent like Cruz.

I said in mid Summer(maybe June) that us and the Red Sox would be fighting for last place.

And so we are. Pathetic.

If only Nelson Cruz were here, we would have had that Back to the Future hoverboard already.

When Angelos is the owner you always have the chance of going 1st to worst.

Time for a long string of losing seasons. next year will be worse.

It happened to the Red Sox too. I believe they should have kept Cruz, Markakis no big deal. This team is boring offensively. Can't move runners, slow, predictable, strike out too much and rely on the home run. Pitchers seem to give up more first inning runs than the O's get. If the team is to be constructed like this, they might as well trade Britton. No use having an excellent closer on a .500 (or less) team. I don't dislike any of the starting pitchers, but I'm not too excited about any of them either. All in all, the only thing I enjoy about them is their D.

To be fair, they were unlucky this year. Too many injuries and performance regressions, above what would be expected on average. But even if this was an average year as far as those issues go, they would be probably still just struggling for a WC spot. That is what is annoying. They had a first-place team last year.

If we really are heading into a true re-build, then we should trade Jones, Schoop and Machado this off season. Could you imagine the haul we could get for them? Combine that with picks for Davis and Wieters? Our farm system could be stacked in 2016 and 2017.....2018 we are right back in the race.

Machado is 23, putting up MVP like numbers and you want to trade him? He's the type of player you only develop once every generation, if anything you build a team around him. I understand your concern of not wanting to be a mediocre team that just sits around .500 but trading away Manny would be a huge mistake. You don't know how the prospects are gonna pan out, look at the Marlins when they traded Miggy to Detroit. They got a rather pedestrian return for the best hitter in baseball.

Archived