Manny at short

Ori-Al

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just showed you what 215 looks like with prime Ali. Who happened to be the same height as Machado.

And Machado ain't anywhere near that thick in the lower back and legs.

185 looks about right for him.

So you are going with the idea that Machado still weighs what he did at 17 in HS?

That is your final answer?

So you are going with the idea that Machado still weighs what he did at 17 in HS?

That is your final answer?

I recall him being listed at 180 his first season. Now he's listed at 185.

Can we rule out him being listed higher than he actually was in high school. He looked super skinny coming out of high school. Now he looks more developed.

Perhaps his slight frame would scare off some scouts and cite lack of power potential?

Why not inflate your weight in high school if it's to your draft advantage.

I understand that it's seems suspicious that he would only gain 5 pounds. But I know what 215 looks like lean. And Machado looks miles and miles away from that.

195 I could buy, but anything much over 200 I'd seriously doubt.

I just showed you what 215 looks like with prime Ali. Who happened to be the same height as Machado.

And Machado ain't anywhere near that thick in the lower back and legs.

185 looks about right for him.

Ali's prime was from 1964-1967.

His best fight ever (if one had to be picked out of the many that he had) was against Cleveland Williams.

It was amazing that he was able to accomplish what he did after he came back from 1970 onward after 3 and-a-half years of inactivity.

Can we rule out him being listed higher than he actually was in high school. He looked super skinny coming out of high school. Now he looks more developed.

Perhaps his slight frame would scare off some scouts and cite lack of power potential?

I understand that it's seems suspicious that he would only gain 5 pounds. But I know what 215 looks like lean. And Machado looks miles and miles away from that.

No we can't because Stotle said this:

Manny weighed 185 in a formal weigh in his senior year in HS. You believe he hasn't grow or added weight between ages 18 and 23? Alrighty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure we can trust a "formal weigh in" for a top 5 pick.

Now if you want to run with 195-200 that is more reasonable.

I'll let the MLB Scouting Bureau know they are off with their measurements.

I'll let the MLB Scouting Bureau know they are off with their measurements.

argument_31.jpg

Anybody can look built if you bulk up your shoulders, neck, etc

Problem is most of your weight is in your legs and core. Muhammad Ali didn't have beach muscles. He was still 220+ and not fat.

And... none of what you said is an argument against what I said. Manny being 10+ lbs less than Ali would fit your logic... and make Manny probably around 210... unless you think Manny is fat.

Archived