Why Garcia?

orioles4lyfe

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why did Buck pitch Garcia there in the 5th. Game was still close at 3-0. Looked like those 2 tack on runs really deflated the guys.

We have so many arms in the bullpen with the expanded roster, so why Garcia there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garcia has been pitching better lately.

It was an opportunity to see a guy in a role/position he has not been in a ton.

Honestly at this point, Buck while not giving games away is going to maximize the rest of the season by seeing what guys can do

This. And maybe we will buy another Garcia.

We drafted him first.

http://www.fangraphs.com/plus/jaime-garcia-improved-by-injury/

Garcia could be a very effective pitcher if he stays healthy. I like Chen but a healthy Garcia is better and likely cheaper. The key is the medicals. If they are reasonable the O's should have an interest. I think Cardinals have an option on him though, if so they might exercise it.

Garcia could be a very effective pitcher if he stays healthy. I like Chen but a healthy Garcia is better and likely cheaper. The key is the medicals. If they are reasonable the O's should have an interest. I think Cardinals have an option on him though, if so they might exercise it.

It's eleven and a half million. With a half million buy out.

Back to our Garcia though.

I think the kid has shown some flashes and has shown some growth this year. I would like to see him get a shot at starting in the minors next year and see if that is a possibility. He could end up being a really nice find, at worst he is nice shuttle piece.

Garcia could have pitched 5 shutout innings and the result would have been the same.

I don't think you can 100% know that. Easier to come back down 3-0 than 5-0. Granted he has pitched better of late, but still, bringing him in is kinda like waving the white flag. Wayy to early to do that in the 5th inning of a 3-0 game. Especially after we had some momentum from yesterday's 10 run showing.

If anything, put in Mac, Rondon, and then Garcia in the end if we haven't generated any offense and are still trailing. I dunno, just my 2 cents.

I don't think you can 100% know that. Easier to come back down 3-0 than 5-0. Granted he has pitched better of late, but still, bringing him in is kinda like waving the white flag. Wayy to early to do that in the 5th inning of a 3-0 game. Especially after we had some momentum from yesterday's 10 run showing.

If anything, put in Mac, Rondon, and then Garcia in the end if we haven't generated any offense and are still trailing. I dunno, just my 2 cents.

And if that hadn't worked you could have started a thread with the title, "Why not Garcia?" He was lights out for two innings recently. He was a good choice. It didn't work out. Nothing worked out today. Pack it in and go get 'em tomorrow.

And if that hadn't worked you could have started a thread with the title, "Why not Garcia?" He was lights out for two innings recently. He was a good choice. It didn't work out. Nothing worked out today. Pack it in and go get 'em tomorrow.

No I wouldn't have lol. That's my point exactly. I think there were a lot better options in the pen at that juncture in the game than Garcia.

I mean it's a moot point now, but you guys really think he was the best option in the pen at that point?

Archived