More Fallout from the Duquette mess: Troy Tulowitzki

25 Nuggets

I don't believe in ghost stories.

TSoprano

Neither do I, which is why bad decisions like not getting a haul for Davis, Wieters, Chen, and/or O'Day will damage this team for quite some time.

Haunting isn't always supernatural.

Seriously, what are our options? We're not going to spend the money and we don't develop talent the way we should. Does that mean more of the same halfway building?

I'm not feeling good about this.

MSK

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not feeling good about this.

MSK

Why am I not surprised? #rhetoricalquestion.

If you want to get a haul, you trade Jones. You try to sign Manny and if he refuses, trade him for a tremendous haul. Now would I do either? No.

Mid-season rentals of Chen, Davis, and particularly Wieters weren't going to get you a "haul."

If you want to get a haul, you trade Jones. You try to sign Manny and if he refuses, trade him for a tremendous haul. Now would I do either? No.

Mid-season rentals of Chen, Davis, and particularly Wieters weren't going to get you a "haul."

Now if Davis had hit his hot streak a couple weeks earlier he might have reached haul status.

But he didn't.

Toronto is getting to enjoy their 2012. And they sold all their good young players to do so. The won't get another year like we had in 2014 though.

They sold all of their good players in 2012, yet still had enough to get Tulo and Price and Ben Revere. We couldn't even close a deal on Revere. And without knowing, I'd still bet the Jays farm is better than the Orioles.

They sold all of their good players in 2012, yet still had enough to get Tulo and Price and Ben Revere. We couldn't even close a deal on Revere. And without knowing, I'd still bet the Jays farm is better than the Orioles.

Somehow, Toronto isn't in as bad a shape as the Orioles farms are.

It's insane how this stuff happened.

MSK

That's why you trade for players who will be under team control for a couple of years.

Oh well, we shall see how this plays out.

MSK

This team needs a better approach. I'd keep Parra. He still has good AB even if the results aren't showing it. I'd sign Napoli to a 1 year DH to full time DH. He still has professional AB. Justin Upton could be discounted price wise after a down year. Justin Morneau would be decent as a stop gap. Kazmir and Leake aren't aces, but would solidify the rotation.

Archived